• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bean and Truffle Circling Each other...

eeeeeek. Really worried. This only happens outside their cage. BUT they have been running around outside the cage for a week and a half now. Whats going on?

Any tips on how to deal with it?

Once they are in the cage they are fine with each other and just happy to sit by each other. However, this isn't the case when they are outside!!!

Hiya.

Sounds to me like they are trying to sort out the pecking order still.

With all bonds, we always suggest a smaller space to start to strengthen the bond (as you have done with your cage). So it's probably not too much to worry about but maybe just keep them in one area of the house. Circling isn't so much of problem but it it becomes chasing, with fur pulling then it could start to be a problem.

It may of course also be that Truffles hormones are starting so when she's spayed it should stop this behavior in it's tracks.

I am sure that other's here James will have some suggestions too.

Helen

Yup and I suppose that spring is in the air! Nick has noticed a significant improvement today. There is a bit of sniffing bottoms and then a little tiny circle and either Bean or Truffle will run off!!

I think it could be her hormones too - well she is booked in for 6th April so hopefully it will all be sorted. They are still cuddly as ever when in their cage. Both chill and flop out together no problems! Bean licks Truffle lots but Truf Truf at the minute doesn't seem to be licking him as much. Think they are possibly trying to sort out pecking order and also with Truffles hormones this is probably making it more difficult!

Yup! They are currently both just sat on the second level of their cage. Truffle flopped out and Bean with his paw on her head and him licking away all over her face and round her tale! All this makes me think Truf Truf is in charge!:shock: I totally think Bean has fallen head over heals in :love: and has totally given up his dominance. Here is a photo update...taken just a second ago! Bless them...wish they would give up the silly business outside the cage and just sit like this on the sofa with us...

n524075384_6085754_3467967.jpg

Sorry for the panic. We just LOVE Truffle to bits and we know that Bean has fallen in love with her and therefore don't want anything to change that!!! Want to keep them both together for ever. She is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

Back