• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does he spray me

tracy08

Warren Scout
When Thumper s snuggling and grunting, he then jumps in the air and sprays me. Does any one know why. Its disgusting
Sorry thousands of questions, and i dont know if they are in the right place :oops:

We have little boy bun, we were told he was she until she went to be spayed and vet rang to say she was he!!!! A long story as the same vet sexed him!

Bun would be happy out in kitchen, but when you bent down to scoop up the poops he would run around me and spray. Also when we would sit on floor and he would come up for cuddles, he would just jump and spray, not very nice. Since he has been neutered there are still a few little puddles here and there but they are getting less day by day and he doesn't do it on us anymore. He had his op around 3 weeks ago and we can see he has become a lot calmer and affectionate.

It will take about 8 weeks to have full effect, but it will calm him down considerably. I have a 6 year old male who was castrated as soon as he was old enough , and he still sprays very occasionally. He got me in the face last year and got my boyfriend last week and those are the only 2 occasions I can think of that hes done it :lol::lol:

oh dear, i cant laugh, he got me on weds in the mouth. Hubby thought it was hilarous i didnt :oops: :lol:

I find with little Chez now is that he goes to spray but I just move or stamp my feet and he will run off. He is now tending to spray on board that we put up to stop him getting into computer wires!, he knows he is not allowed in there. If he does spray on me, I clap my hands and say "naughty" and put him in litter tray and it seems to be helping a bit.

Tracey, watch your bunny with his stiches. Little Chez had a great nibble, until he reaslised it was sore!

Rachel

oh dear, i cant laugh, he got me on weds in the mouth. Hubby thought it was hilarous i didnt :oops: :lol:

and its when you go to work the next day in same trousers and you notice the stain!!. I got lovely new trainers and one day looked down and saw the stains!:lol:

he should calm down in a few weeks after his neuter

if he doesn't, when he sprays you, you can pee on him and drench him back - he will soon learn (HAHAH, just joking)

he is scent marking....pssss YOU ARE MINE !

My bun was terrible for this till he lost his plumbs:lol:. I couldn't clean him out without locking him in the run as I would get spayed over and over again. Hes not done it since being castrated but it did take a few weeks for him to calm down and he still circled my legs for a few weeks after. He'll calm down soon :D

Back