• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg theyve both been hospitlaised..vibes PLEASE!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( first off my Bif....my mum said her bun seemed under the weather wasnt eating...i said id check her whilst mum had been taken shopping by my aunt and uncle who live a very long way away.
but i never made it over there as i was awaiting the garden guy to come see my broekn fence and tell me when he could fix it and how much its gonna cost..but he never showed so i left a message on his mobile no reply.
its whilst i was doing htis that i rang the emergency vets and rushed bif down there with bertie in tow.
Bif hadnt been eating or drinking since ealry this morning..and there had been no poops since about 1am.....it was about 11 or 12ish.

her ears were cold and she was very wobbly and seemed tired like bandit did so i wasnt taking any chances...her ears were cold so was she but not icy like bandit was when he was dying.

i got to the hospital only to find in pain shed bitten thru berties ear in two places!! the vet had to examine him quick and prescribed bloomin baytril.

then she examined bif and said she had poops there...we said she hadnt done a single one but about 4 big squishy heaps. she used an otoscope to check her molars..sure enough after a fortnight..theyre back:(
so this time they may consider risking a dental under a GA after all. Also theyre keeping her in.......they wouldnt let bertie stay cos he couldnt fit in the cage with her,......indeed he doesnt fit in the cages..they usually have him milling around the floor of the isolation room but not this time. but their bonded..but she needs to be seen eating drinking and pooping...on her own....its too tricky when theres 2 and if he stayed he wouldnt be with her. so we left her there and have bought a very sad confused bertie home:(

Then i waited about 3/4 hour before mums vet appointment and went over...guessing hunnybunny prob had gas again..or been stressed as next door to mum are having a new bathroom...after a week or so of laying laminate flooring:roll:
omg i feel awful..........im such a cow:cry: hunnybunny was wayyyy worse than last time..and even weaker than bif..i didnt say anything but callled the hosiptal to say we were rushing her down priority status. all the way there i was panicking she was dying..she was sooo cold..i wrapped her in blankets and hugged her till she went into the carrier and surrounded her by blankets.
she was very weak indeed but her eyes were like bifs..open fully this time.
the vet saw her was dif vet to the one who saw bif..she said hunnybunnys tummy was bloating with gas and needed to be kept in. Last time the ohter vet mum saw said shed be too stressed there and sent her home for us to nurse luckily she pulled through but this time?

oh what am i to do......

please please please send as many vibes as you can for mums hunnybunny..my mums almost 79 and since losing my dad 3 years ago shes found so much love affection and company with her house bun..hunnybunny.

please send a few extra vibes for bif......i reckon shell be home monday but if they do the dental i will prepare myself for her to go under GA as shes not well anway..:( omg poor bertie..if she goes now:cry:

so for hunnybunny EXTRA EXTRA vibes for her to pull through this bad bout of GI STASIS and make a full recovery...please...

and any left over send please for bif...to get better and hopefully have and survive her dental if they can do it.

thank you:wave:

Oh crikey!, sending masses of vibes for them both and sending hugs to you, I really hope they start to improve very soon, will say extra prayers for them both too xx

Back