• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interesting discovery.

Some of you may remember I posted a while ago about a vet we use for work pets that scruffs rabbits, he also recently attempted to pick up one of our degus by the tail and to cut a long story short we have had countless problems with this vet. When able to I try and take them to Companion Care which is the vets I use although its about 20 miles away. I have just looked up the RWAf list of rabbit friendly vets and to my shock this vet is listed as rabbit savvy :shock::shock:

I took a guinea with a serious eye infection on Tuesday and he advised me to have him PTS, which i refused:evil::evil:!

How's he got listed as rabbit savvy when hes a complete idiot?:roll::roll:

I have a feeling the rabbit savvy list is in essence a list of 'recommendations' from owners. Why don't you email with your concerns - I don't know if they take people off the list as easily as they put them on, but it is worth mentioning if you don't think this is the case (or not the case any longer).

Being on the RWA list doesn't necessarily mean a vet is rabbit savvy unfortunately...anybody can list a vet as long as they are a member of the RWA :(

Back