• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-bonding buns- dont give up!!

Steph_W

Young Bun
You might remember a couple of weeks ago I posted about m 2 boy buns that were in love but started fighting. I had been trying to rebond them ever since with no luck. I tried everything. They would just fight, and I mean fight, fur everywhere and bites etc.

Anyway after my final attempt I decided they would have to live as single buns. They shared a playhouse and so I decided that until I could get a massive run and hutch combo I would go back to my dads as I couldnt have one indoors as I have a staffie who would definately eat one. So for last week I have been at my dads where the shed is massive so can have one loose and one in the dble hutch my rabbits used to have when I lived at home. I have been taking it in turns putting them out in garden.

To cut a long story short I came home today to find two buns back in love and even grooming each other which they never did :love: My dad decided to put them together and has been watching them all day!! I know its early days but im amazed. I never ever thought they'd get on again, my dad is obviously a better bonder than me anyway!!

I think to be honest I probably would pair Alvin up in the playhouse with a female and keep Buddy the frenchie indoors, I know I said I couldnt have a house bun but thats my fella saying that and Im sure he'd get used to it. He would need to live in spare room cos of dog though. Id prefer the two lads to be happy again really as they were great before and can come and go as they please, they can free range at ours as garden is secure. Fingers crossed but all ok so far.....:D

Back