• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long did your French Lop live?

Lemonroe

Warren Scout
When Dwight was a baby I was told he was a Holland and I read that Hollands live 7-10 years...well once he kept growing I found out he was a French Lop (could be a mix of some sort...who knows!) Which i have read they live at least 5 years which saddened me a bit! Anyone outlive the 5 years?!

Im sure ive seen on here someone who has a frenchie thats 9 or 10 :)

I was told by a silly nurse at our vets that Conti's only live 2 years. I was so upset, as Ronnie is like 9 months old now :( After speaking to the actually vet, she said a free range conti would live longer than a conti kept in a small cage, etc :)

It depends on how theyre cared for :) xXx

the vet and us estimated our old thumper was between 9-13yrs old, she was our first bunny and we rescued her

One of our French Lops was 9 and the other was 8 :D Our German Lop was 10 :D and we know of a pair of Contis who are 7 this May :D

Bertie will be 4 this year...but willow only made it to 22 months all becaues she grew too large..she didnt seem to have stopped even then and died form a suspected embolism or maybe looking back a heart defect.

but the lady i adopted bertie form and who i got willow form as a baby says most of hers live tillt heir 6 or 7 and her friends have some who are 10 and 11:shock:

My Frenchie x British Giant will be five in May. This is the first year I've felt she's looking a little 'old' :(

my 15lb frenchie lived until almost 7years but i was told 4-5years is the maximum.It appears that isn't always the case!:D

big bunnies in general live less than smaller bunnies like dogs but I imagine 5-10 would be a reasonable guestimate if kept trim and in good health. Other bunnies can live up to about 16 years although 10+ is still on the rare side. Many people who buy bunnies from pet shops don't seem to realised how long they can actually live for :roll: they seem to think they live 2 or three years :?

Our pair of Frenchies here at the sanctuary are 5 and 6, but they are looking rather old and tottery these days. Snowdon in particular keeps giving us scares. He and Tilly are so in love, it will be heart breaking when one goes:cry::cry::cry::cry:Snowdon is nearly always on top of her, although mostly using her as a head rest these days rather than getting all excited about her as he used to. He has enlarged kidneys, E.C. making him wobble and drag his back legs, ear infections and snuffles, poor old chap:cry: Of course he might be older than 6.....

Back