• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting!!!

Lexy7200

Young Bun
Hi there
My french lop Fifi is moulting her winter coat (she is a house rabbit) and when I stroke her it is coming out in clumps and going everywhere my hands are covered in it and I can get a handful of hair from one stroke!!. Any ideas on how to help her moult it quicker? I have a brush but it doesn't get much hair out.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks
Alex

Alex,

I have the same thing with my rabbit Marmite :) Some of my friends thinks its crazy...cos he sheds sooooo much hair :lol:

I asked my vet about 6 months ago when he was having his jabs and they said, just use your hands to pull it out aslong as your not tugging on it to hard. I think my bun is confised though as he malts for the winter :? LOL

Haha I know i lean in to kiss Fifi and my face is covered, I asked my vets today to and he said the same! Just wondered if anyone had any tips!!

Yea, its always worth asking around.

I've filled carrier bags with Marmite's fur...theres always so much. I do enjoy brushing it out though :lol:

i think you want a slicker brush which help get all the loose fluff out.

Cadbury is moulting too, but trying to brush him would be a nightmare as he is such a wriggle bum!:lol:

Back