• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping FOXES away..??

channy

Young Bun
Hello there, i need advice!
Last Sep. a lionhead of mine was taken by a fox! :shock: my other 2 rabbits have been indoors since then, i was thinking of puting them outside again, (they like in the old garage!) but im so scared of the same thing happening again!
Does anyone have any tips on keeping foxes away! I dont want to go throught the pain again, of knowing that eiter of my lop's have been taken from me!!!

from a very stressed and confused chantelle!!:cry:

I think the best advice would be to keep them as house buns and let them have supervised time in a run in the garden.

Even if you did put them back outside and housed the run on a patio and doubled up the mesh, I wouldn't be able to skleep at night knowing a fox might be sniffing around. And the awful thing is that knowing a predator is trying to get in can be enough to frighten a bunny to death.

Foxes will also be particularly more persistant in the upcoming spring when they've got young to feed. If you know foxes visit your garden, I wouldn't take the chance :?

Hope that helps, although it may not be what you wanted to hear.

Back