• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it so hard to find a conti giant???

Kellyrich

Warren Scout
I have been looking for a few weeks now and cant find any in my area! Im so gutted!!

There are lots further up north but i just dont have the transport to go all that way and thats why i need one fairly near me.

Does anybody know why these are so hard to get hold of? All i want to do is give one a nice loving home :(

Please if anybody knows of any please let me know, i know i keep asking but hopefully somebody might be able to help me if i keep trying!

Last edited:
But there are none on here, there doesnt seem to be many of them in rescues for some reason! But i will keep looking anyway!

Hi Michelle

Well ive just been looking on the internet everyday at all areas all over the country but out car is not well at the moment and so cant go very far! I would say within 20-30 mins of Enfield as i dont think my fella will risk taking the car any further at the moment in case it dies on us!

Ive found a couple in Colchester that are nice but the man keeps taking foever to get back to me and isnt giving me much detail! But i need to check actually because i think somebody told me not to use this breeder!

But there are quite a few further up the country!

Dont suppose you know of any?

Have you considered a continental cross as well? They might be easier to get hold of. I have a conti x French lop now and had another of the same cross before. :D

Vera

Hi yes i have tried that rabbit residence, but two of them that are on that page Gabrielle and Juniper have already got people interested in them and then the ones in Surrey, i would love to go and see them as they are white which is what i would prefer but i cant get there!

I have considered a cross and somebody has offered me one yesterday but was really wanting a pure one i think as i think they are lovely and big and ive been reading so much about them.

Hi louise and gus i do already have a french lop.

I seen a big rabbit on the rabbits that need homing on here but they arent sure what she is and she is fab but she is in Aberdeen which is the other end of the country!!

If a bunny run could be organised i could to part of the journey as Aberdeen is around an hour or so away from us

Hi Michelle

I have checked the rabit rescue but most of the ones one there have been reserved or rehomed even though it doesnt say so there as i have asked about them.

There are some gorgeous white ones on there but they are in surrey and dont think i can get there and the lady said that she didnt they they would be suited as house rabbits!

I have just found a beauty in Westerham but need to find out where that is! He is a huge boy but need to find out some more details as i already have two rabbits and dont want it to upset them!

so how do i go about requesting a bun run? If i did find one? and what if the people who were giving away the rabbit actually wanted to meet the new owner? Im just not sure how it all works! :oops:

I think firstly you would have to contact the rescue with the bun and see what they say about it all then take it from there

There are some gorgeous white ones on there but they are in surrey and dont think i can get there and the lady said that she didnt they they would be suited as house rabbits!

I don't agree with her. I think giants make excellent house rabbits!

I have just found a beauty in Westerham but need to find out where that is! He is a huge boy but need to find out some more details as i already have two rabbits and dont want it to upset them!
Westerham is near Croydon, so might be doable for you!

Vera

I live near you :wave:
Have you tried the local RSPCA, when i went to choose some guinea pigs, they had soooo many giants.. it was so sad :cry:

Hi Spider

Yes i have tried RSPCA but nothing there, im looking at websites all day and all night at the moment. Im still waiting for some people to get back to me so we shall see! x

Hi Spider

Yes i have tried RSPCA but nothing there, im looking at websites all day and all night at the moment. Im still waiting for some people to get back to me so we shall see! x

Well good luck, i'm sure there is that rabbit out there just waiting to be found!

Back