• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would cause a rabbit's ears to curl foward?

GabrielleB

Warren Scout
I was in a pet store the other day, and there was a bunny in there, cashmere lop, and her ears were curled at the tip...kinda hard to explain, but if you put your finger out straight, that would be a normal ear, if you curl the tip of your finger, thats what her ears looked like....if that makes any sense? What would cause this???

We had a group of four rew's come into rescue recently and two of them have the ear tip curl - sometimes it's there sometimes not - one of the boys is uppy, one helicopter sometimes as is the girl and the other boy is a lop so don't know if it's something to do with mixed eared parentage?

Was the ears up but only partly curled at the top?
I've seen young lops with ears like that, just before their ears starts to lop.
Also Angoras tend to do it because of the extra weight of the fur on their ears I guess:lol:

Hmmmm thats odd....is it to do with bad breeding? inbreeding? or is it just something that happens sometimes?

Something that happens I guess.
We've had one rabbit born like that at school from parents who's gotten at least 10 kits together, and only one had curled ears. As she grew older they dropped normally.:wave:

Back