• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny care after dentals

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Thanks for all the vibes earlier everyone, Lionel & Lolly are home now but dreadfully groggy still, could i have some advice please from others who have buns that have dentals?
I can imagine that their mouth must hurt a lot so would i be right in thinking that if they don't really want to eat tonight thats ok? I have left pellets and hay in their pen and just offered then a sprif of parsley which Lionel actually ate a bit of (albeit painfully slowly) ut Lolly is not interested in anything.
They have both had a nice drink and Lionel has done some tiny poos but Lolly hasn't passed anything yet but then again she hasn't eaten since yesterday.
Would you try mashing some pellets or something else?
Thanks xxxx

Offer plenty of juicy greens, dandelions, herbs, spring greens broccoli, grated carrot, little slices of apple or pear

I don't know if this is in any way correct....it's jsut what i do....but when sorrel has had a dental, I buy every kind of veg and herb i can find, and chop them all up incredibly fine so she can eat without doing too much chewing. It seems to work :) But then she's not usually a reluctant eater :roll:

sending face-stuffing vibes for your two :)

Glad they're both home now.:):)
Sorry I can't help with the food thing, but sending lots of eating and pooing vibes your way.
Hope they both feel better tomorrrow.

I don't know if this is in any way correct....it's jsut what i do....but when sorrel has had a dental, I buy every kind of veg and herb i can find, and chop them all up incredibly fine so she can eat without doing too much chewing. It seems to work :) But then she's not usually a reluctant eater :roll:

sending face-stuffing vibes for your two :)

Thanks i nver thought to do that duh! I just cut up every veg we have in tiny pieces but Lolly still isn't interested, Lionel has had a munch though. I have also cut up their hay to try.

Hope the little bunsters are ok today. :D

I was very lucky with Bubbles after her dental as she was back munching hay and everything that night. I gave her a bowl of mushed up pellets when I brought her home and she turned her nose up at them and plodded over to share Alfie's bowl of normal pellets. :lol:

Just a quick update guys - they are both full of beans this morning and tucked into their morning breakfast and a nice pile of hay so thanks for all the good wishes they really work xxxx

Back