• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What surprising places does your bun get to?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
*someone* is walking along the top of the dog crate by stepping everso carefully from one bar to another :shock::shock:

What places have your bunnies got to that you didn't think they could reach?

Honey did exactly the same and was trying to jump over onto Wesley's crate to. I decided to take her crate away for her own safety :roll:

When mine were indoors for bonfire night, Smokey managed to make it round the back of the sofa. Inky managed to hide in the shoe rack, on top of the shoes!

I once came back from school only to find Boris sitting on the sofa looking very pleased with himself :roll: Turns out he had somehow managed to squeeze himself through the bars of his pen! :shock:

Our old foster bunny Ozzy (he nows lives with Tickles) used to jump out the pen we kept him and Lily in. It was made from NIC cubes and was 2 squares high. He'd jump clean out and on to the bed in the middle of the night!!!!

We have his son Dylan, and he's just as curious. He gets on the shelfy bit on the TV unit thing, and he got under the oven when he was 8 weeks old :shock: When Minnie (his sister) died, we brought him indoors for a few days so he wasn't alone, and kept him in the same pen we kept Ozzy in, and he did an Ozzy and I came home from work to a mountain of poo on my bed :censored:

When ours are in for a run about and the fridge door gets opened they think the salad box is a good place to be! They seem to enjoy getting in the basket of washing too, don't seem to mind if its wet or dry just so long as they can get where they shouldn't be!

The worst place was underneath a shed. It was full of **** and I had to empty it out then use huge pieces of wood to lever one end up in the air.

In the washing machine :shock: I always shut the door but once I forgot :oops: Bertie and Fizz were sleeping inside the machine :shock:

Bella likes squeezing herself in most places!!!

i stupidly left the door to the washing machine open once, i spent ages looking everywhere for her:lol:and found her sat happily inside the drum!

where her crate used to be she'd climb up on that and then on to the kitchen work surfaces, so we had to move the crate :lol:

she's a giant, but she likes to belly crawl under the sofa and then get her ears stuck round the feet of the sofa!

another favourite is inside my ohs drumkit cases :D

i could probably keep going...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I used to have a stack of car tyres with a rubber mat on top that one of my buns used to love to sit on. Unfortunately one day I decided to get rid of the tyres and I put a plastic bin there instead to use for compost. It was about the same height and didn't have a lid. The poor girl had a bit of a shock next time she tried to jump onto her favorite perch :shock:

my naughty ones like to go under the kitchen cupboads wher we cant get them. We have pulled the bottmo bits off and ruined our brand new kitchen now lol Naughty they are Love the washin machine though. So cute

Of my four, fifi is the worst, followed in distant 2nd place by cody

When I first got fifi, she lived in the garage, where she had complete access. She also had a nero cage in there which she used for her toilet

Several times she fooled us by squeezing into the minute gap (only a few inches) between the nero and the wall. We must have spent hours thinking she had managed to escape, either into the road, or into the garden, and went there looking for her

Later, when she had access to the garden, she found a gap between the fence and the back of the garage. Each morning after I left for work, she would leave the garden and wander the streets. The neighbours had apparently seen her many times, but never knew where she lived and could never catch her.

She would always be home before I got back, so was never missed. One day she timed it badly and escaped from the garden before I left. When she saw me coming she then panicked and got trapped between two wooden boards as she tried to back herself into the garden. Half an hour later, as reward for freeing her, she kicked me in the face and ran back into the garage

The first year that we moved into the current house, all the rabbits had to come inside and live in the utility room. Fifi managed to squeeze into the gap behind the upright freezer where the motor was housed. She took a dislike to the mains cable there, and managed to take out the electrics in the whole house. God knows how she survived, but there was an awful smell of burnt fur in the utility room, and for weeks she had brown teeth, and looked a bit frazzled :lol:

Before I bunnified the current garden, Fifi managed to find all the small holes that I couldn't possibly imagine she could squeeze through, but she managed it, and sampled next doors lovely flower beds :? Fortunately the neighbour was very understanding

Almost forgot the incident where I ran around the local neighbourhood with a big fishing net chasing a runaway white rabbit. The neighbours must have thought I was crazy. Good job I have moved now ;)

Chrissy who is binking at the Bridge now.................loved to jump onto the top of her cage but was afraid to get down. She'd wait for someones to take her down. She also loved to go upstairs but was afraid to try and come down. She would wait at the top of the stairs to be carried down.
Now Julie does not care for heights either but never jumps or climbs onto anything. If I put her up on something she stays there. The funniest thing that she got into was an oatmeal box that was 3 times smaller than her. She got the cover off and squeezed in head first and her butt was wiggling trying to get out. I had to pull it off her.

This thread just reminded me of what Deej's daddy Floyd did... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=55465 :lol::lol::lol:

Luckily Deej has never managed quite such a silly feat, but once he did nearly manage to give us a heart attack.

He was free ranging downstairs (nothing unusual) and I realised I hadn't seen him for a little while, so I looked in all the rooms downstairs but he was no-where to be seen and when I called him he didn't come.

So I went back to the front room as I was sure he had gone in there, but I still couldn't find him... I heard a very small noise, but couldn't work out where he was.

I had looked under my desk but he wasn't there, then I thought.... surely not.... opened the draw in my old fashioned desk and there he was sitting on top of a pile of stuff!

My desk only has 2 draws, but the bottom one is a large one with a full height front but half height back. Under my desk/draws I have some boxes and tins, so he must have climbed over them and manged to clamber into the draw!

I was so worried in case he had hurt himself getting in there but he was just fine, and I must admit it was really funny to open the draw and find him sitting in it! :no: :bunny: :oops: :lol:

This thread just reminded me of what Deej's daddy Floyd did... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=55465 :lol::lol::lol:

Luckily Deej has never managed quite such a silly feat, but once he did nearly manage to give us a heart attack.

He was free ranging downstairs (nothing unusual) and I realised I hadn't seen him for a little while, so I looked in all the rooms downstairs but he was no-where to be seen and when I called him he didn't come.

So I went back to the front room as I was sure he had gone in there, but I still couldn't find him... I heard a very small noise, but couldn't work out where he was.

I had looked under my desk but he wasn't there, then I thought.... surely not.... opened the draw in my old fashioned desk and there he was sitting on top of a pile of stuff!

My desk only has 2 draws, but the bottom one is a large one with a full height front but half height back. Under my desk/draws I have some boxes and tins, so he must have climbed over them and manged to clamber into the draw!

I was so worried in case he had hurt himself getting in there but he was just fine, and I must admit it was really funny to open the draw and find him sitting in it! :no: :bunny: :oops: :lol:

Same thing happened with Fudge :lol:
But i think she thought it was a game. Go in mummys desk drawer, mummy opens, i jump out and start again :roll:

Bunnies do the funniest things :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My manager's Dad has a free range house rabbit called Smartie. She's a little nethie cross, and she bites ankles.
Anyway, Mick was looking everywhere for Smartie. Couldn't find her anywhere. Then he opened up his hat cupboard and found her in there eating his fave moleskin hat!!! I still laugh when he comes to the shop wearing it. It's covered in little nibble marks :lol:

hioned desk and there he was sitting on top of a pi

That picture is so funny. My Bun Buns ( he is at the Bridge) jumped in the toilet too a couple of times when my hubby left the lid up but he would get out. ...............both lid and seat were up and he flung water everywhere getting out. I never got a pic though.:lol: Your picture is funny.

Just remembered I shut Honey in the wardrobe the other day she had sneaked in when I opened it and I hadn't noticed. :lol:

Back