• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice about kits

tracy08

Warren Scout
When do they start coming out. They are two weeks today and have just started opening their eyes. They look so fat that they dont look like they could move if they wanted too lol. My kids keep mithering me to see them. Should they not be out by now, they are dawrf/mini lop mix if that makes a difference. xxx

at 2 weeks i would expect them stil lto be in the nest... i would expect tehm to gradually start to follow mum around as they grow bigger... please in case you havent been told dont rehome until 8 weeks even if they are fully weaned at 6weeks as they are still learning from mum! :)

When do they start coming out. They are two weeks today and have just started opening their eyes. They look so fat that they dont look like they could move if they wanted too lol. My kids keep mithering me to see them. Should they not be out by now, they are dawrf/mini lop mix if that makes a difference. xxx

still in the nest at this stage *but* worth checking the kits to ensure that all the eyes are open (otherwise this might cause problems like my recent litter). You should start see them moving around soon though (and it is great to watch them!). Like the OP said, even though they will soon be nibling/eating 'proper' food dont remove the kits from mum until about 8 wks.
Hope that helps a little

Back