• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piccies of My Beautiful Jet (Esp Liz and Jane)

vicki267

Mama Doe
A little update on her:

Here she is 2 weeks ago when I got her:

jet3.jpg

She had already lost half her body weight in rescue but was still on the podgy side. She has active EC and previous fits. She was too fat to get her back legs into her litter tray. She is currently on meds for EC. She also had a bad case of ear mites which she has been given the all clear from.

She has been getting lots of exercise and proper food :roll:

She is now doing really well. Had a slightly wet bum two days ago but that may have been the water bowl :lol:

Also forgot to add she loves binkying :love:

Back to dry bum today and I'm pleased to report that she now loves using her back legs :D At first to stand and now she is jumping on the level of her NIC cubes :D You may also want to check out the last photo, which I took just this second :shock:

Enjoy her as of today :D

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

012.jpg

:love::love:

Aww :love:

If the wet behind returns it might be worth a blood tets to check her kidneys as E.c. can damage them :)

Aww :love:

If the wet behind returns it might be worth a blood tets to check her kidneys as E.c. can damage them :)

Unfortunately we pretty much know 100% that EC is the cause of it. She is on the Metacam to reduce the inflammation in her kidney's and brain (as she had at least one seizure). The wet only comes back when the metacam is reduced. The damage done to her kidneys can never be repaired but we can prevent it getting any worse.

Blood tests wouldn't really show much that we dont already know :(

The damage done to her kidneys can never be repaired but we can prevent it getting any worse.

Blood tests wouldn't really show much that we dont already know :(

There is a good chance that her kidneys haven't been affected by the EC yet. Most EC incontinence is caused by neurological damage rather than kidney damage.

If you want to know if her kidneys have been affected by the EC then a blood test for kidney function would show this :)

Jet really suits her. She is looking very comfy on your sette :lol: Well done, your doing a super job vicki, where do you get those cubes from? Dont know why i am asking as i did want to convert my on-suite non exsistant bathroom into a bunny room but my dad has decided hes going to start working on it this weekend :roll: they look cool though and they do the job just nicely.

There is a good chance that her kidneys haven't been affected by the EC yet. Most EC incontinence is caused by neurological damage rather than kidney damage.

If you want to know if her kidneys have been affected by the EC then a blood test for kidney function would show this :)

Oh really, that would be good - I may ask to get this done when I take her in for pre op check in about a month.

Will her current meds i.e metacam effect the test accuracy? Although I dont want to keep her on metacam, it just seems to make things worse lowering the dose :?

Julie - I got mine from B&Q the one near me always has loads :D If your local one doesn't have any let me know and I'll go grab you some from Castlepoint :D

thanks vicki, i just ask for nic cubes yeah and they should point me in the right direction, im so blonde when it comes to things like this :oops:

Oh really, that would be good - I may ask to get this done when I take her in for pre op check in about a month.

Will her current meds i.e metacam effect the test accuracy? Although I dont want to keep her on metacam, it just seems to make things worse lowering the dose :?

metacam will not affect kidney function results however if her kidneys are damaged then Metacam may not be such a good idea. Personally I expect her kidneys are ok as incontinence is caused by damage to the CNS. EC causes chronic kidney failure so you would expect to see other symptoms related to that :)

Awe she looks lovely poor little lady. She would be no good an 'hide and seek' there's a little trail of poops all the way from the kitchen :lol:

Awe she looks lovely poor little lady. She would be no good an 'hide and seek' there's a little trail of poops all the way from the kitchen :lol:

:oops: Lol yer, the OH isn't to keen on her pooping habits :lol:

Actually Julie, I think you have to ask for something else... Something like metal storage cubes, I'll try and find a link for you :)

Back