• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This >>> :-) is me right now!!!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I'm over the moon, we just got Mack back from the vets (the spoilt boy got two vets to himself) and he is doing so well!!! The suspiscious lump that we thought might be a fourth abcess has disappeared but we now know what it was, scarred tissue around the remaining pocket where the third abcess was removed from. This pocket still inflates when flushed and then the 'lump' reappears temporarily.

I am so, so pleased with the way things have gone and I cannot explain how much I love my vets right now, Rob actually jumped up and down when I said the lump had gone :lol::lol: and Anita admitted to checking the forum for updates on him when she was on holiday....as well as calling the surgery for information when I hadn't posted one :oops:. We are not out of the woods yet but things are looking so much more positive now, especially considering Anita really thought he was going to die at one point :(.

I know I'm gushing now but just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who offered advice & support and also (now I know they are reading this :lol:) to my two wonderful, compassionate and simply amazing vets...every bunny owner should have one like them. ;) :wave:

Thanks guys, all the stress and trauma just seems so much more worthwhile now. He has to go back in a fortnight for another check-up and if the opening does close it will have to be surgically reopened (pretty minor procedure though) so at the moment it's trying to find a routine that will slow the outer healing process a little.

Currently he has a cut-off cotton bud impregnated with intrasite & ornicure wedged in the hole. :?

Thanks guys, all the stress and trauma just seems so much more worthwhile now. He has to go back in a fortnight for another check-up and if the opening does close it will have to be surgically reopened (pretty minor procedure though) so at the moment it's trying to find a routine that will slow the outer healing process a little.

Currently he has a cut-off cotton bud impregnated with intrasite & ornicure wedged in the hole. :?

Attractive. I hope Lexie still fancies him!

Attractive. I hope Lexie still fancies him!

She is having the most unladylike moult at the moment so they look as scarecrowish as each other :lol:.
How is Sorrel's abcess doing?

tomhighway said:
What great news, no wonder you are over the moon.
Im well chuffed for you.

Thank you, I'm just so pleased for him...he has been so brave and patient with everything we have done to him and I would have really been questioning my decision to continue if this hadn't paid off. :)

Im so happy for you Sooz,you have had such a long hard battle with Mack.I really hope he stays clear of the :evil::evil:Abscesses

She is having the most unladylike moult at the moment so they look as scarecrowish as each other :lol:.
How is Sorrel's abcess doing?

I bet she's still beautiful :love:

The abcess is much the same although I do think there's been less pus since i started with the honey. She still kicks like a mare whenever I clean it out though!

Oh SOOZ!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just THE most fantastic news!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D I am SO happy for you, and for Mack! He is SUCH a little fighter!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Sooz that's fantastic news!! I'm very pleased to hear Mack is doing so well, you must be so relieved! :D

Back