• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dangerous product * warning *

Lucy

Warren Veteran
I know many people use the willow type arches that can be found at pets at home and many other pet stores. I would like anyone who has one to go and check it to see if it is safe. We had one given to us with a rabbit and it was disasterous. I would never have thought for a minute anything like this would happen, I am shocked to say the least.

Anyway, this the arch that I am talking about....

2sblgqr.jpg

You can see that on the inside the twigs and off shoots haven't been cut off properly.

10eodg5.jpg

You can also see the blood on it. We're not exactly sure how or why but somehow Sugar managed to get his eye caught on the bit sticking out. It basically ripped his eye open and it was hanging out of the socket. He had to be rushed to the vets to have the eye removed and is now recovering.

2d85bh5.jpg

jgjzi8.jpg

:shock: How awful! Poor poor Sugar.:(
I will certainly be double & triple checking mine tonight.

OMG...That's horrific :shock: :cry:

I don't have one of those myself, but I guess the same could happen with virtually any willow toy?

Oh my Godddddd!!!!!!
My piggies have these so will check that now!
Poor poor rabbit!
Is any action going to be taken??

OMG poor poor Sugar I'll check mine out as soon as I get home! Thank you for posting this! huge healing vibes for sugar and lots of nose rubs

thanks again for posting this, just checked mine and the largest one also had a bit sticking out. it wasnt sharp but i'm not taking any chances.

thanks for the warning. just checked mine and it's got a sharp bit like you pictured! so i'm going to get that off right away.

so sorry what happened to your bun. hope he recovers well.

Oooooohhhhh my lord!!! :shock: I have two!!!! I'm off to check now. Will you let the manufacturer know? Blimey!! Poor bunny, I hope he recovers well x x x

I have contacted the manufactoerers and have asked them to look into it. I have also asked them to reimburse our vets bill, if you don't ask etc etc

I had the horrible task of calling the person who brought the rabbit in to tell them about this as I had to warn him for his other rabbits. He was sobbing on the phone which was a slight over reaction as he didn't want the rabbit in the first place :shock: Still, I suppose it's better than not caring.

OMG I have loads of them :shock::shock::shock: Fortunately only in the outside runs, so they've not been used for a while. Will not be using thema gain for sure :shock:

Poor Sugar :cry:, sending lots & lots of healing vibes & a big cuddle xxxx

oh my god:shock:im so sorry about your poor little bun.star has one of these i will def be checking it later. thanks for posting this x

Thanks for the warning will be checking mine for sure. Poor little bun hope he gets better soon. Hes gorgeous even with his wounds :love: :love:

Back