• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding now/ Stopped it

Rose

Mama Doe
Just put in pen up in my bedroom just need to find some old sheets for the bottoms and get a underbed storage box for the hay/litter tray tomorrow.

:shock:

Last edited:
Almost finished setting up the pen for tomorrow. They have got a box full of hay, should i put food in as well or leave it till they settle down. :wave:

Last edited:
Put plenty of food in in three different bowls. My two scrapped over the food when I only put a small amount in. Good luck hope it goes OK.

Thank you, i am really really nervous :(:(

Don't be nervous it should be fine. Just make sure you have a water squirter or towel so you can break up a fight if necessary. You might want to make a bottle of drink and put food up there with you as you won't be able to leave them alone initially.

Rose,

I'm really glad to read about someone else who's bonding bunnies :) I have a 4 yr old male bunny who's recently been altered and I have just recently adopted a 11 week old female who will be speyed in 6-8 weeks hopefully. I am VERY keen to bond them as I'd love them to have each other as company. How long have you had your 2 and what ages are they?? What made you pair them up? (Sorry for all the questions)

Have you had them seeing eachother through their hutches/runs in the build up to the match? Are you intending to bond them over a number of dates or put them together for as long as it takes til you put them in their permanent home together?

Princess xx

When bonding I'd just scatter pellets on the floor, save them scrapping over a bowl in the early stages (you know how mad buns go for their pellets!). I'd give veg on a big plate or just straight on the floor in one corner though, when they got to that "I'm bored and going to sit on the other side of the pen ignoring you" stage, to get them to interact with each other again - but made sure there was at least two pieces of each veg on opposite ends of the plate/pile

I am just about to sort the food out then i think i will start. I keep putting off :?

They are in so far so good, jack has had a couple goes at her and molly has been humping him showing him whos boos. Now they are led next to each other in the hay box. i am shaking can we please have some bonding vibes.

Jack has pulled abit of mollys fur out hes is still in the hay box molly is eating all the vegs :roll:

Jack is now flopped out, Molly is still eating :roll:

My nerves are going crazy, cant sit still

It all sounds about normal. Wishing you lots of luck. :D:D It's nerve wracking I know. :?

Jack is going crazy building a nice comfy bed. I think Molly may be going on a diet when this is done. :lol:

Back