• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice about bunnies(updated)

tracy08

Warren Scout
i need advice. I think i know what to do but want to make sure. At present we have three bunnies. One male on his own waiting to get 'done' and two female dwarf lops. 13 days ago one gave birth and we have three babies and i think in little under a week the other is due. (full reason of how this happened in introduction) Now i know i should seperate them and have bought another hutch yesterday. But i feel bad as the girls hug and lick each other etc. Am i right to seperate them as my concern is having two lots of litters in one hutch. Even though its a double floor hutch its gonna be too small for them all so i have got a new one too. There is another nesting box in there but will it be ok to take the pg one out and put her on her own just worried that they will stress and the babies will get hurt if mum is stressed. What do you think?

i have also noticed today that Molly the one i think is pg will not let me touch her and i noticed this morning while feeding and cleaning them that some of her fur was in the nest with the babies. This is so hard, i didnt expect any of this, i was told that the rabbits are ok? what ever that means?
Sorry to keep going on but im so worried i love these little guys to bits.

Last edited:
I'd probably separate them, and put the female that is due into the new hutch, and leave the mum with babies in the original hutch.

thanks i have seperated them today and molly is so grumpy with me trying to escape. lol but i need to be safe than sorry dont i x

Well so far so good, after giving me dirty looks and not loking happy im glad to say that she is now busy building her nest. Feel so much better now thats shes doing this as i was concerned she wouldnt. Been out twice to fill her with more straw and at presnet she is having a rest i can see her through my window. Fingers crossed all goes well.
I put the hutch across from ehr sister so they can seeeach other and she seems to be a bit happier now,

Back