• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That's me Bankrupt Then............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I had to change my oldies from A+P to SS pellets as they all lost condition on A+P over recent weeks.
But now the smell of SS wafting about has meant that all the Buns refuse to touch A+P an we have mass Bunster Riots til they all get some A+P :shock:
I have tried being firm with them but the riots just got worse :shock: :shock:
So I gave in..............:oops:
I am now having to fork out £18 a week for a 10kg sack of SS :shock: Previously I was paying £7 for 25kg of A+P which lasted about 2.5 weeks.

Hey-ho................:roll:

Off to buy a Lottery ticket now..............:?

have you treid wagg optimum? thats reasonably priced smells nice and iv found my coco has been fine on it.?

We keep the SS and the veges in the hallway next to the door so its easy for feeding time, and if a bunny gets inside, they're straight in the SS bag. Don't bother with the veges. Nuts.
When I was putting Henna on my hair, it smelt like SS so I couldn't go outside and play with the bunnies incase they tried to eat me.

My friend has a bunny who can't eat fresh veg, and she was feeding Bernard on excel, and Bernard would eat it, but not get exited. She tried her with rabbit mix and she picked out the bits she wanted. Tried her with A&P and she turned her nose up, so she tried her with SS and Bernard went CRAZY. Sarah's never seen her get so exited about food!!!

What about keeping the rioters on a mix of A+P and SS?
That way the SS pellets are 'treats' and they don't feel like they're missing out too badly:roll:, but it keeps the costs down :)

You'd still be paying more than you are now, but not as much as them being totally on SS! (based on what you said above, currently approx £2.80 per week, pure SS £18 per week, mixed half and half approx £10.40 per week)

The best thing about mixing them is you can adjust the proportions to suit you and the buns!:D

One thing I realised after getting Eric and Ernie (and later honey) was that i'm never going to be rich (financially that is)

Rich is so many other ways when it come to buns though, so I don't mind!!!!

Having over 40 rabbits though Jane - I guess you need to win the lottery and who better than you to win it!!!:):)

lol i will never forget when i tried peanut on some SS last year when i got a free sample in nat rabbit week...

i was actually scared!! he grunted, boxed me, wagges his tail he got so excited. they actually cant have it bcus peanut n jelly who as u all know are both fiesty little bossy boots,...ARGUE over SS!

:roll:

I have 8 bunnies on SS and it is expensive! can't imagine having 30< on it :shock:

Have you thought about Wagg optimum. It's very similar to excel content wise, and if you go on feedem it is only £7.75 for a 10KG sack!

I have 8 bunnies on SS and it is expensive! can't imagine having 30< on it :shock:

Have you thought about Wagg optimum. It's very similar to excel content wise, and if you go on feedem it is only £7.75 for a 10KG sack!

I have tried them on Wagg but as long as the whiff of SS is about they wont touch it. I really want the Oldies on SS as they are so much better on it weight and coat wise.
Looks like I'm stuffed really...............:roll:

I pay just under £12 every week for a 10 kg sack of Wagg Optimum pellets. Is this feedem an online shop? Is postage pricey if it is? I am a HUGE fan of saving money!!! :lol:

I wouldn't feed our 15 on anything else.

The rescues which are averaging at 25 at the moment are on it too, mind you I don't mind...I only pay £7 a sack from my supplier

I really want the Oldies on SS as they are so much better on it weight and coat wise.
Looks like I'm stuffed really...............:roll:

I thought that SS was not good for old bunnies, as it contains alfalfa (high calcium content). Are you referring to Senior SS? Is stardard SS good for old bunnies? At the moment mine are on Excel.

SS mature does also contain alfalfa. Overall though SS doesn't have an outrageously high calcium content compared to other pellets though so I guess the quantity its in, as part of a balanced pellet, doesn't seem to matter hugely as long as you're feeding the right amount. It's probably worth considering other foods in rabbits with known kidney problems though :)

I have swapped my nethies onto the mature stuff as Santa isn't a good hay eater and the mature has higher fibre; I'm not so fussed about moving my lops onto the mature as they eat tons of hay anyway :)

Last edited:
I pay just under £12 every week for a 10 kg sack of Wagg Optimum pellets. Is this feedem an online shop? Is postage pricey if it is? I am a HUGE fan of saving money!!! :lol:

Yeah it is the online site :)

If you order three bags the postage is £5 or so, I've not tried any more than three bags! I know if you spend £40 then postage is free.....

Back