• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches and bad weather

Which section needs fixing? You can put some fresh 'shed felt' over all sides except the front and that should keep the water and wind out. Some sort of clear plastic tarpaulin can be placed over the front in really bad weather, but you need to make sure some air can still get in and out and take it off during the day so it doesn't make the hutch too warm.

You may need to protect the wood with a woodstain product too - are you talking new hutch or existing hutch?
More description or a picture would help us give more specific suggestions...

The covers off ebay look ace, but if your on a budget then the Ikea shower curtains are absolutely THE BEST!! 87p & they are seriously my bestest friend :lol: Ive paid a tenner before from argos/tescos etc and they arent a patch on the ikea ones!

Do you mean 'waterproof' as in protecting the whole hutch - stopping the roof/back from leaking etc, or do you mean providing the bunnies with more shelter from the wind and rain?

I bought a piece of perspex which I have sliced into pieces to fit across the mesh part, and I have screwed them through the existing bolt and hinge fixings. There is enough air gap round the top and bottom to allow for air circulation but it stops the driving rain from getting in, keeps the bedding drier and makes it much cosier :)

I fix bituminised corrugated roofing sheet to the rooves with a large overhang to keep the rain out :)

Back