• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Decided to Spay, but not with my vet

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Do you think it would be ok to have my buns spayed at a different vet i usually use?

I Go to a place which is 20mins drive, as their Vaccs are reasonably priced, and they do a deal for VHD and Myxi which is good. Im just not sure about their spaying abilities.

In a previous thread, someone mentioned another vet which is closer, and has a good reputation for spaying. Do you think it matters if i use a different vet for vaccs to spaying?

Defo not!

I started mine with a vet literally on the corner of my street but they warned me that Huppie would probably die if she was speyed :shock: I haven't been there since as I wouldn't trust them to give my buns a check let alone a GA.

If your vets are fine for vaccs then carry on using those but honestly, if the other one is better for speying they would probably be better at picking up problems during vaccs and checks. My new vet is uber amazing but an hour away by bus. Very stressful for all concerned but Huppie would have died without that op (she had an infection :() and I trust this vet with their lives!

If you can't change vets permanently then for the op it is defo worth it!

Good luck

Emma

Ive just spoken with the vet i usually use and as i thought they are a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere else. £68.01 each including VAT and painkiller for after. I asked questions, and they said the vet has a good reputation with rabbits, and has performed more than 5 spays this year already, and they have all gone well. I think i will put my trust in them for Wed 18th or Thurs 19th, depending which day i can get off work!

Eeeek Im now worried!

Have chosen my vet, and booked them in earliest the vet and myself could do is 1st April.

Im now worried that they hump every so often. what do i do? Are they ok for the mo? I dont have another set up to move one, and i dont want to split them

Just keep a close eye on them :) Are they indoors or outdoors?

Even if they do fall out... you can rebond after they've been neutered, though that would be worst case senario (sp) :)

Also just tos ay i use a diff vets for my vaccs :)

Good luck to the girlies xXx

Back