• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i have some vibes for Kermit please! - Good news update post 24

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
:(Im taking him to the vets at 4pm as he has a lump on his face under his eye.

After loads of reading im thinking its and abcess related to elongated tooth roots. His eye has been watering for a bit, but the vets thought it was because thats his 'down eye' from the head tilt. His eye is rather inflamed today at the corner.

He never ate his pellets as quickly as he usually does, but maybe thats me just over-worrying.

Im a nervous wreck at the moment, my stomach is actually having butterflies in a really nervous way. My Grandpa is terminally ill at the moment, and is really bad right now, so i dont really need to lose my wee boy too.

Im just worried that if the vet thinks it is elongated tooth root problems, then how can she check when kermit isnt really well enough for an anaesthetic to get an x-ray....would they be able to x-ray him without an anaesthetic?

Sorry for going on, but im worried :(

Last edited:
Poor little man, sending him lots of vibes and hoping it all goes well at the vets. Sorry to hear about your grandpa too. :(

Bless little Kermit - I've got a bit of a soft spot for Kermit :love:. Sending him and you loads of vibes for this afternoon x

I hope Kermit is going to be OK and it isn't an abcess. It is possible to X-ray without GA but it really depends on how cooperative the rabbit in question is, it's something you would need to talk to your vets about.

If it is an abcess however, surgery is really the only option with any chance of success so he would be very likely to need a GA for this. Depending on how certain your vets are of their prognosis they may want to do a GA for the X-ray with the view to going into surgery immediately after if it is an abcess.

As it's near to his eye it's hard to know exactly how they would want to proceed though.

Sending vibes. I'm not surprised you are so worried, it sounds really complex. Hope everything goes okay!

Back