• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Urgent Cheltenham To Brighton

Long story, but a lady from near Brighton rang me this evening. She has a young friend (aged 13) in Cheltenham who has a pair of bunnies, one of whom has head tilt and is currently rolling.

This dear teenager is trying to nurse her sick bunny with very little support from her parents/step parents. Her vet is advising bunny should be PTS. The girl is in a desperate state, very distressed, and just doesn't know what to do.

The lady in Brighton has experience with head tilt bunnies and believes the vet involved is not bunny savvy at all. She is willing to take on both rabbits and try to nurse bun herself.

I am so full here I fear I cannot take on a poorly rabbit.

Is anyone able to help?

Alice

I never go down that way but willing to take a trip maybe part way etc if anyone can help a the other end. Also i am in cheltenham all the time if she ever needs any help at the moment etc.:D

if they come through eastbourne we can get them to brighton:D:D:D

no good a geography so not sure if we,re on route:oops:

my bf works in cheltenham so he might be able to do cheltenham to swindon, its not very far but if it helps at all i'm sure he wont mind. then someone could pick them up from me. Someone else can probably go further but if you're stuck i'm happy to help!

Has this been sorted yet? I am heading to Brighton next saturday (14th) if someone could meet me on M25 somewhere I can do the rest?

Am just north of Swindon if someone wants me to do a leg? Also Great Western Referrals in Swindon are very bunny savvy and not to far away, I could help to get bun there if that makes it easier for anyone?

If this bunny needs to have a overnight or a few days stay in Twickenham, they are welcome to come her for however long they need to.

Thank you all for your offers of help.

I have spoken to the lady in Brighton and will know early next week what the situation is. Initially the bunny was due to be PTS next week, but now the youngsters parents are being more supportive.

Will let you all know the situation as soon as I am able.

Alice x

I have to be in Twickenham by 10.30 on Saturday, going via M25. What time are you going to Brighton Louise?

Hi Chaps and (esses),

The lady in Brighton did not ring back, so I guess, for now, this situation remains as it is. The young girl in Cheltenham has my phone number in case she needs back up, and I have been offered a temporary foster place should it get that the girl cannot cope.

Sadly, my friend has recently lost her head tilt bun, however at least someone with experience is available if necessary.

Thank you all again,

Alice x

Hi Chaps and (esses),

The lady in Brighton did not ring back, so I guess, for now, this situation remains as it is. The young girl in Cheltenham has my phone number in case she needs back up, and I have been offered a temporary foster place should it get that the girl cannot cope.

Sadly, my friend has recently lost her head tilt bun, however at least someone with experience is available if necessary.

Thank you all again,

Alice x

i dont mind helping out with this run if needed. i have been cautious to offer anything as usually i am transporting my own bunnys when i drive glos to here and unfortunatly wouldnt want them in car with a possible ec bunny i hope no one thinks im awful for not saying anything before. however i could transport this bunny on train especially if it could get an overnight in twickenham? my only concernis what the parents would say to the young girl giving up the bunny as technically being 13 the bunny would belong to them rather than her. best of luck alice if this does need arranging give me a buzz u have my number.

edit just read alices update ok alice... if this goes ahead anytime in the future pm me if i can i will help. sorry i cant do more you know if it had anything non infectious(ie an ear infection etc could be proved) then i would happily transport it on one of my regualr runs....its only the risk of infecting my own i worry about. xx

Back