• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny files

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Im making a file up of indivdual cards with all the details of each bun I have.
So far I have down:
Name,approx DOB, origin,vacc and neuter status, weight, vet name and adress,cage mate, what food there fed, who they live with,wether they are indoor or outdoor, and past history (such as stasis etc)
I also have in detailed recipes of all treatments theyve had, what they were treated with, who treat them and why. I also have my own notes on the bottom saying when symptoms started to go, what foods they liked when they were poorly etc.
I also have inside there vaccination cards, and a big sheet with red letters on with the vets name,number and emergency out of hours number!

Is there anything else I need to put in? Im going away in august and my dad is going to be in charge of my babys, and im leaving him money aswell as the file incase anything should happen while im away (ill be gone friday afternoon till sunday afternoonish)
Not taking any chances :shock:

I think you've got it all - Sounds a really good idea. I think i may have to steal your idea for while I'm on holiday.
Another thing that may be handy is a check list for every morning/night, and what your rabbit is normally like - eg very lazy, or hopping around all the time so they can notice a change?
I found the checklist a good idea to make sure everything was done.

well, today i was sitting in Thomson the travel agents and the thought just came to me :shock::lol:
I bought a cheap folder - got some small cards, made up a small profile and stuck them looseley to the flap of the folder so u can see it when u open it, and all the recipes,proof of neutering/vaccs are all thier incase anyone should need them
I think im going to do that.. like a daily routine/brief outline of thier personality so people notice a difference should me or my parents not be here?
Luckily I think my dad is pretty clued up (god bless him) about noticing changes in the personality and letting me know!
What about where to get the food they usally have, for example the food my rabbits are on has to be ordered off the petshop?

Back