• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting like mad

casperthebun

Alpha Buck
my sisters netherland dwarf 'rosie' is moulting like crazy this year, she never normally this bad normally only has thin hair, but for winter this time she must of grew more with it being cold, my sister has already took tons of fur off by brushing :shock::lol:
anyone elses buns going through a bad moult.
its normally mowgli who moults like crazy, but his hair is so soft and in great condition not abit out of place

lisa - aka mini lop1's rosie

cas

Last edited:
:oops: it was best when i woke up with my hair all over the place and rosie was too as we looked alike :lol::lol:

mine are in moult severely already..a taxi driver actually asked me if bertie was an angora:shock::oops:

i hate to promote tv shoping channles stuff...BUt this is amazing..we ordered soemthing that attaches to your hoover..so no fur etc goes into the hoover itself but into this special chamber. we tried it out and we have a lovley show condition bertie apart form his back feet which have yet to be done..hes sooooo smooth and soft..the softest hes ever been:shock: and he looks so tidy instead of his usual shaggy sheep look:lol::lol:
its much easier with bif cos shes little and shes got the softest thickest fur ive seen on a bun..she has lost loads to the petvac..and i mean..loads! so did the cats and theyre both shorthair and we hardly get any off them with combs!

go to pitchwell.co.uk

look up....THE PET VAC....its on sale right now for a tenner!!

I think Scooch is going through his first moult because I'm taking out some hairs with the brush but when he's out running I see little patches of it on the floor, and he's a very fluffy bun :shock: so I hope this is it and it doesn't get like insane lol

My tinkerbell looks terrible at the moment!!!! Shes all patchy and itchy i use a great comb called the fur buster, you can buy them from pets at home, tinks loves it, she grooms me while i groom her :lol::D

guess the furbuster and furminator are the same thing..basically a shedding tool?
they work fab on my cats and even a bit on bif but not at all on bertie..his fur wont stick to it and it flies around like giant dandelion clouds!:lol:

mm if you have an indoor bun they seem to moult 24/7...but some buns have different types of fur which show moulting more easily..or they get groomed by their partner like bif did and poor bandit died of acute bloat:(

i see bif n bertie washing each other a lot but she does a thorough job and hes a lazy frenchie so whatever works is worth it!

Back