• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The first day without a struggle!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Today is the first day Ziggy has let me pick him up without a fuss.:D
He usually runs backwards and forwards, makes a few lunges and will scream when finally lifted. His screams have become less and less, but his lunging did escalate to nipping, but today nothing. We will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings, I don't expect it easy from now on, but its a start and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel, someday he may even relax enough to enjoy a cuddle.:shock:

Typical! I was so pleased about Ziggy yesterday, but it did cross my mind there might be something wrong. So I wasn't surprised this morning when I found he was in stasis, no poops overnight, not eating breakfast. Took him into the vet and he had very few gut sounds, the vet gave him an antibiotic and metochlopramide, and he has fibreplex to get as well, although he is quite bright within himself.
Got home and put him back in his hutch and he has started eating his carrot, so hopefully he will be fine.

Thats what happened to me,Fluffy used to struggle like:censored: when I tried to pick him up.Then one day he let me-I felt this was out of character,so off we went to the vet.Outcome-he had dental issues!! Eventually after about 2 years he would let me pick him up without a struggle:D [but I dont think he was ever completely happy with it!]

Jack was like that but now its so much easier. I will stroke him and he will go down so its easier to pick him up.

He is eating a bit and has pooped, so I'm feeling a lot happier, must have caught it early, thank goodness. I suppose he will be back to his usual self tomorrow. What was interesting, was while at the vet, he kept trying to climb up onto me, so he must be trusting me a bit more- I hope!

Back