• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits in their run in the rain?!

NellieNooNoo

Warren Scout
My rabbits have a run in the garden and I try to get them out everyday - well they were having a lovely time out there yesterday when it started raining. It didn't seem to bother them so I left them for a little while then decided to put them back in their hutch - with loads of hay to help them dry off.

Can they stay out in the rain??

My lot have access to there runs 24/7 and some are known to be out no matter the weather :D

Mine have access to their run 24 hours a day and at the first sign of rain they will run into their hutch for cover! What a couple of softies :)

Mine have all day access, but I have plastic roofing on my runs and have at least a good sized corner covered in so that they don't get wet.

Yeap, as long as they have some shelter if they want it. Mine have a permanently open cat flat into their shed. They loved the snow the other week - left bunny footprints :D

Lottie and George have run access 24/7, George is sitting out in the rain now, he always does :roll: Lottie sits inside the cage :lol:

If its raining i dont put the foster buns out on the grass :) Always feel sorry for them if they get wet :oops: xXx

My rabbits run isn't near the their hutch, so will have to put some sort of cover over so they have shelter if it rains. Feel sorry for them when they have to stay in.

Thank you for the responses.

Back