• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor buns and light

Bunshine

Alpha Buck
How much daylight should indoor buns be getting? I just ask as my two aren't free-range when we're at work and their house is in quite a shady part of our house. Do you think they would prefer a sunnier spot?

Yeah, i think sunnier would be better - not the sun beating right in though!
They need light for Vitamin D.

It depends on where you put them and how hot it gets in the summer during the day, as you don't want them to 'cook' while you are out at work.

Our house is really warm (which is great because we rarely have to have heating on) so the buns are in the hallway downstairs, which is nice and cool. They obviously do get some daylight but it's just a bit shaded. The sunnier rooms do get quite hot so maybe it's best to leave them where they are.

I hope I'm not the only one who over-analyses everything for my buns!:lol:

Nah, i over analyse everything too!
I was worried about getting a new coffee table as my boy liked to run round the one we had and he liked laying beside it, thought he might not like a different one.....but when i got a new one he was just the same....im a freak at times!

Haha, I'm glad he liked the new table!:lol: Im just glad this forum exists so I can ask my silly questions. My OH love the buns but often looks at me as if I'm mad when I talk about them - I would pester him soooo much more if RU didn't exist:oops:

Back