• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A silly question about lop breeds

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
:oops: Ok, I was wondering if any pure bred lops have any movement in their ears?!

It's just something that I was pondering on and has no import at all.

I watch Willow (french lop) and he has movement in his ears, he looks dead funny :lol: If he hears a noise his ears move outward to listen better like a plane :lol: and then if you put something infront of him he's unsure of his ears move forward so they're alomost level with his mouth, they give him such expression :D

However our Dwarf lop Daisy appears to have no movement in her ears at all, they just hang there.

Wellie our late french lop appeared to have no movement at all in his ears either.

So I was just wondering really if a true lop has no movement in the ears and so maybe Willow has a trace of another breed in him that allows his ears to move?

Please indulge my aimless wonderings :oops: and let me know what you think :lol:

I guess there will be movement at the ear base but if the ears are very long/heavy the movement will be minimal :?

Carlton has a bit of movement, if he's being naughty and knows it, he'll move his ears forward to cover his eyes so you "disappear" and he can carry on with naughtiness! :lol:

I call 'em "windscreen wipers"!

Hmmm Dwights ears only move forward and on occasion they jump straight up but not often...so maybe it just depends on the individual rabbit!

:lol::lol: it shall remain a bunny mystery then!
He looks just like you guys say! Robot ears or windscreen wipers!! :lol::lol:
It's just soooo funny! :love:

Alfie can pretty much move his ears into any position he chooses but Bubbles can just about point her ears forward a little if she tries really hard. I wonder if it's to do with the shape of the head too and where the ears are situated - Bubbles' head is much rounder and her ears are set lower down than Alfie's are.

my frenchie girlie was also a willow and she was massive as were her ears but she had blinkers ears for interest or guilt..laid back behind her ears for streamlining in the wind:lol: she had the one ear forward one back routine to make herself noticed!!
berties are really heavy ears..hes a small frenchie..5kgs just over...but he moves his ears way forward so theyre in front of his head when he smells banana:lol:
my dwarf lop had helicopter ears and blinkers.
oscar my mini lop used to move his like that AND put them straight up like a normal bunny:shock:
oddly enough bif has mainly helicopter ears or blinkers but when shes scared her ears go right up and stay up....in fact i thought she was an uppy eared bunny when i got her from the rescue till she relaxed a few days later:shock:

my frenchie girlie was also a willow and she was massive as were her ears but she had blinkers ears for interest or guilt..laid back behind her ears for streamlining in the wind:lol: she had the one ear forward one back routine to make herself noticed!!
berties are really heavy ears..hes a small frenchie..5kgs just over...but he moves his ears way forward so theyre in front of his head when he smells banana:lol:
my dwarf lop had helicopter ears and blinkers.
oscar my mini lop used to move his like that AND put them straight up like a normal bunny:shock:
oddly enough bif has mainly helicopter ears or blinkers but when shes scared her ears go right up and stay up....in fact i thought she was an uppy eared bunny when i got her from the rescue till she relaxed a few days later:shock:

That's funny isnt it?! Our Hazel has always been a cross, one ear up one ear down that kinda thing but since we bonded him to Tamlin and they discovered true love his ears hang down nearly permanently now!

Funny bunnies eh?! :lol: :love:

Alfie can pretty much move his ears into any position he chooses but Bubbles can just about point her ears forward a little if she tries really hard. I wonder if it's to do with the shape of the head too and where the ears are situated - Bubbles' head is much rounder and her ears are set lower down than Alfie's are.

Awwwww yeah I can see Alfie's magic ears in your siggie :love: Bless so sweet it gives them soo much expression :love:

Willow,my french lop,had no movement in her ears but i presumed it was cos they were so heavy.My dwarf lops and Barley,a small french lop,had movement in their ears.Holly used to look like she was marching with hers!!!:lol:

my dwarf lop girls. well one of them has movement. its funny sometimes as she looks like a dog listening this has only happend thoguh since she had the babies two weeks ago i never noticed it before, My mini lop doesnt move his ears though.

Love the marching with the ears willow lol

Back