• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dentals how much do you pay?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
As many of you may know jazz needs regular dentals he had them under GA as there's no vets in my area who do concious dentals.. Also the majority of vets are against it. How much do you pay? I'm paying between £100/140!

The least I have paid for a molar burr is £60 and the most £120. One of my vets has a set price at £90 regardless of how much work is required whilst the other is on a time related sliding scale.

I have just got a quote for the new vet in our village for some dentals and it's £34.26 for the anaesthetic, £19.57 for the mix to keep them sedated whilst being worked on and £20-30 for the dental work itself.

:wave:, Buzz had his lower molars sorted on 20th Feb 09 and we paid £17.14 for his teeth, £16.33 for GA, £3.67 for Norocarp injection and £3.66 for Metoclopramide injection. We have been told this will now need to be done on a regular basis.

I was just about to ask this as Zebedee is having one on thursday.
The vet nurse said its £26 to put them under anaesthetic then £27 something for every 10 minutes they are in surgery....Is that expensive?

Herbie has to have very regular dentals. I pay around £50. My vet knows her way around Herbie's mouth so well now that once he is under anaesthetic the actual procedure only takes her a few minutes.

mine change price everytime Crystal has one done not sure if it depends on how bad her teeth are or not though but the price varies from £50-£65 havent paid any more then that though :)

My vets prices vary for a GA dental, but the last one was about £35-£40.

I feel like I'm being ripped off! My vets know my finacial situation and don't even allow me to pay in stages :? :( Not being funny, but no wonder people ship their pets off to a rescue centre! I know the vets need to earn their money but some of the prices they charge are trotally extreme!

cocos last one was 80 pound we are hoping he wont need anymroe now o na better diet but only time will tell..... also arhtur currently hasnt eneded any since his neuter(fingers crossed that changing from potato peelings and bread has done the work needed) his was an extra £10 during his neuter to do as was already under the anestetic.

I paid £60 for Bubbles to have a dental under GA at the beginning of last month. It was her first one, so I have no idea how the cost is calculated and whether it is likely to change each time.

Back