• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre Vet Visit Anxiety, Pain in the guts

MartinR

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone..

This is just something I wondered..

but whenever I have to take snuggs to the vets I always get really edgy, restless and anxious about an hour before, and just can't settle, then it wreaks havoc with my guts..like my guts are twisting and it's really uncomftable... even when I know he's only going for a basic checkup..

but it's strange because I don't get like this when I have to go to my own docs..etc, maybe the dentist.

but I was wondering if anyone else gets this, and how you deal with it...

M

I get like this, its because you dont know if anything will come up and i tend to think the worst with my bunnies :roll:

Yesterday was the worst i have ever felt, While driving Blackie to the vet i felt really ill and weak and very light headed. I felt like i was going to pass out and had so many butterflies in my tummy it felt horrible!
When i was called into the room my legs nearly gave way and i couldnt stop shaking!
The worest feeling ive ever had!!

I even got like this before the vets phoned, and im like this just now incase the vet phones to give me bad news :(

I think i need to take something :lol:

i'm so glad it's not just me!

i get all panicky and stressed before i have to take bisc and matt to the vets because i know they are scared and then it's a long way and then i panic they'll be dogs and cats in the waiting room and they'll see them or smell them and get more scared. then i panic incase the vet finds something wrong, and then there's getting back again...oh the stress...i think i need to sit down!

oh, and there's the fact i'm a recluse and HATE GOING OUT! :lol:

Phew!...

Glad it's not just me, (I thought I was being a wuss)..:oops:

It's weird, I won't go into detail and but on the days we need to take nuggy to the vets, I certainly don't suffer from constipation..:oops: I wonder if the doc will give me some valium for everytime I need to take my rabbit to the vets?..:shock:

Biscuitandmatt.. you can have him:) I need a holidayyyyyyyyyyyy.....actually you reminded me, I have some more pics I want to upload too, so will get round to it later.. (and I really do need a holiday). I will drop him off later...heh;)

here is some older ones, but I took some newer ones, just can't find em on my computer at the mo..

l_4639083fcfb54b55b15dd516ab056e0a.gif

l_5acac86d600d404da7446d33edd0323e.gif

l_472456a27fe6481e96b8e8e3f751e7df.gif

l_7bedcf8d629b360a0db1f981b320d5f9.jpg

He's such a titch.......

M

I get like this :oops: going to be even worse tomorrow/tonight.. My Jazzy is going for a GA tomorrow :cry: I pace around all day when he has to stay then I stay up all night when I get him home. I hate it. I wont be able to sleep tonight! :(

It's weird, I won't go into detail and but on the days we need to take nuggy to the vets, I certainly don't suffer from constipation..:oops: I wonder if the doc will give me some valium for everytime I need to take my rabbit to the vets?..:shock:

:lol::lol: me too I cant tell you how thankful I was to discover they have a loo at my vets!!!!!

here is some older ones, but I took some newer ones, just can't find em on my computer at the mo..

He's such a titch.......

M
awwwww! he's so gorgeous! i love him! :love::love::love:

tell you what, bring him round and i promise i will return him...! trust me! ;)

I always feel incredibly nervous if I'm at the vets. I think I've always got the memories of the awful vet visits (where tough decisions had to be made) at the back of my mind, so I have a fear of nasty surprises!

Mainly, though, it's a feeling of a lack of control - ie the animal's life is in the vet's hands rather than my own. I'm also always really nervous about remembering to say everything I planned to etc etc.

He's such a titch.......

M

I think this is possibly the cutest bunny I have ever seen! He looks so chilled out and cuddly!!! I sooooooo want to bunny nap him!

Yep im like this whenever i need to go to the vets but ive been diagnosed with IBS So just load myself with diarreohea tablets before i go out:oops:

..It seems there are quite a few of us who get the....I want to say butterflies, but a butterfly to me is a gentle creature, that floats through the air with grace.. and it certainly doesn't feel like butterflies in my tummy when I have to go the vets. more like a herd of deranged wilderbeast.

I agree with all the replies and about some of the bad times we had with vets, and pets etc, and the other replies made me laugh:p Also I was wondering if this is what IBS is?.. I've tried to find different ways to manage it.. breathing etc, but not much really seems to work. (havn't tried valium yet:shock:)..

Maybe We could have an online meditation group or self hypnosis group for managing pre vet stress..and then another one for when we check our balance..heh.

BiscandMatt..

snuggles is just packing now.."he has a lot of teddies, toys etc, dvd player, xbox 360, guitars, keyboards etc" so you may need quite a bit of space..he's lazy too..so it could take him a while. but he's getting there.. I will let you know when he's ready.. he said he will stay with rachie_j too.. so you will have to bunny share..:)

I'm packing too cuz as soon as I've dropped him off.. I'm going to hire a harley davidson and cuise down route 66... or something like that.. always wanted to do that..

M

share him! noooooooooooo! i want him all to myself! he really is one of the cutest buns i've ever seen, he so gorgeous! :love:

My OH gets the old twisty turny gut problem when he's going to the dentist (I'm sure he'll be thrilled at me telling you all! :lol:), and finds that Bach Rescue Remedy is helpful. :)

i have IBS aswell and it gets alot worse when i'm stressed! mines the opposite problem though...as in nothing happens! :oops::oops::oops:

too much information...sorry!

Hmmm.....

...we bunny owners sure are a crazy bunch.:oops:

And well.. Thinking about it maybe it's some kind of transfered IBS to us from our pets? because they are mostly in their carriers, and that would be pretty grim if they had it..:oops:

I used to be really bad the night before too, but can manage that better now, but it doesn't half wreak havoc with my guts..

And BiscandMatt..

err.. I'm not sure how to get around the bunny share, so I made another bun out of a toilet roll tube and some fluff (not finished yet though, still got to put the tail on etc..) but it's a spitting image honest, so can always use that as a surregate while the other has the bun?..heh

M

:lol: sorry the sub bunny bit had me in stitches:lol:

i get it too going to the vets..i took the cats for their jabs tuesday aft and i had to take about 3 anti d pills just in case....
tomorrow i have the other vets with my two buns and my mums bun..and ive already got upset guts! so more pills ofr me tomorrow.

i used to get it only when seeing dentist but last few years its been doctors etc even just going to town with me eldelry mum...but i think its fear of the ibs itself there.
the vets i agree when buns have tum probs the pains worse unbearable..inf afct when bandit would have started being ill before getting acute bloat i had the worst ibs pain...nothing eased it up..i should have relaised as its true as with children or close friends siblings family etc you develop a sort of telepathic i guess bond. and symptoms seem to match up sometimes.

meditation is a bit off for me right now..i have tried i used to meditate a lot as im a very stressed out person and also epileptic so calming down is a good thing!
i think ill try some karmic breathing whilst im in the taxi on the way there!:lol:

Back