• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

laminate/hard floor plus indoor bun

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
:wave:

anyone out there gone from carpet to hard floor with a house bun?

the reason i ask is that Barnsley has removed a large chunk of my carpet through digging and chewing (i don't think he's ingesting it as it's all over the place) and he's only been here a week!!

i'm seriously considering hard flooring but i'm worried that he won't be able run and binkie 'cos the floor is slippery, do i need to buy him some little trainers:lol:

emily and barnsley (chewer of carpet and sofa) xx

cookie slid around a bit at first (am I allowed to admit it was quite funny to watch?!) but soon got used to the laminate
Good luck
Star x

All our floors are tiled downstairs - for exactly the same reason :lol: Our first bunny thought the green carpet in the living room was grass :shock::lol::lol: Ours are fine on tiles, but don't manage so well on laminate flooring.

he'll need to have a big carpet runner to run around on. Laminate is really hard for buns to get a grip on & it sort of changes the way they hop. It can cause muscle wastage in the back legs so make sure he's got something to binkey on. Tiles are not so bad but mine wont binkey on them.

We had the problems of little munchers round the carpet edges.

But instead of laminating the whole room we have laminated the edges of all our rooms. They seem to go on the laminate when they are hot and carpet when they are cold.
x

I know its more expensive, but real wood flooring has more of a 'groove' to it so might be better for grip

We have laminate throughout our house...apart from Bedroom. The buns love it in there...but they have also got the hang of the laminate now...Truf Truf is still a little freaked. However, we have a large rug in front of the sofa and also round circular rugs leading from cage to big rug with a large rug outside their cage too...they binki on the rugs and slip on the laminate. When they are hot they got and lie on the laminate and also right up against the silver chrome legs of the dining room chairs!

well people seem quite divided on the subject! i shall have to have a longer think about it all. to be honest, if he's just digging and pulling i don't really mind, it was the eating i was worried about, and if he'd eaten what he'd dug up he'd be at the bridge by now!

i tried putting a vetbed where he was digging and he just chucked it out of the way he also managed to move a chair!!! strange thing is ..... he only seems to do it when me or OH are in, like attention seeking! he has lots of things to play with but he only seems interested in the carpet:evil:

but i still :love::love::love::love:him!!!

emily

We have laminate in our lounge and a long carpet runner that they run about on and binky, although we have to pull the blind on the patio door or they tend to lunge at their own reflection:roll:

angie don't apologise!! he's still mummy's best bun, he gives me little kissies:D

i'm hoping the carpet digging is a settling in type thing, and if not then we'll just have to deal with it!!

emily and barnsley xx

Back