• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lump under eye - what could this be? Help please.

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Ive just felt a small lump under kermits eye. Its his bad eye thats down with the head tilt, this eye is always slightly runny / wet, but when i was looking at it today there is a wee lump there.
Its really quite small, seems roundish and is under the skin at the bottom of his eye.
He is fine in himself and acting normal, he was even fine when i cleaned it with cooled boiled water. I have put some fucithalmic eye drops in and i am going to monitor it, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Kirsty & Kermit xx

I'd probably suggest a vet trip. lumps and bumps always worry me especially around the head having lost a bun to a facial abcess. I'd personally rather get it checked out & be told I'm being stupid that risk it.

Ill see how it is tomorrow morning and go from there. Im now thinking he may have rolled and caught his eye on his willow ring as it was scattered all about the place when i got in.

Im just hoping i dont need to take him to the vets as he gets right stressed out.

He seems to have a wee scab type thing on his lump this morning, like how a spot goes when you have picked it (nice!) so im thinking he may well have scratched it on something......does this sound like a reasonable thought??

Ta

Its just too hard to take a pic, so ill just have to monitor it and take him to the vets if it gets worse.

Thanks anyhoo :)

Back