• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Pan- no breaks but lump HELP! Strange findings

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I got home tonight and was cleaning out the buns when i noticed that Pan wasn't using her back legs properly. I rang the vets and Hazel waited at the surgery for me. Hazel thinks that Pan has broken a bone in her spine, she's not sure how. Pan is at the vets overnight and has pain meds and will be scanned in the morning. Could i have vibes for a very grumpy girl please, pan is 6 and i have had her since she was 5-6 months old, she is a very grumpy bun esp with me as she doesnt like me much but i will be devestated if this is something we can't do anything about.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, hazel thinks it could be osteo perosis (sp) osteo mylitis (sp) or just plain arthritis, however she does think it is too acute to be arthritis and we would have seen some signs earlier, the only thing i had noticed was her slight loss of condition which i had put down to the very cold winter and A&P pellets as she never looked or acted ill :(

Ok Hazel has just rang, there are no breaks, arthritis mylitis or perosis. there is however a calcified lump in her abdomen. Hazel is going to run a calcium level and see what comes from that then she will open her up and see what this lump is. anyone any ideas?

Awwww Phill, she is in the best place with Hazel and hope you get some good news later:).

Thanks Kay, Hazel doesn't think the lump and the weakness in her back legs are conected but it's all we have to go on at the moment.

Hiedi, my french lop had weekness in her back legs and it turned out that one of her discs and worn completely, may be worth telling Hazel:)

Back