PDA

View Full Version : Large, good quality runs.... any suggestions?!

loobie_lou
02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Looking for a secure and safe run for Jamie and Sapphire which I will be able to move around the garden and collapse when I move house in July.

Can anyone suggest anything =]

xx

*Spider*
02-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Zooplus?

Santa
02-03-2009, 09:04 PM
If you want all those criteria I would suggest making one yourself to be honest. If you make each panel separately and screw them together, you will be able to unscrew it flat to move house. Personally I wouldn't trust any of the folding runs available on the market for anything other than light, supervised use.

loobie_lou
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Thats a great idea, thank you Santa :wave::wave:

What kind of materials would I need etc?

xx

*Spider*
02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
My dad made a run ages ago and he bought all his materials from B&Q, this was donks ago, and we gave the run to a friend after our rabbit died.
He made a little sun shelter as well. Massive run!

loobie_lou
02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
My dad made a run ages ago and he bought all his materials from B&Q, this was donks ago, and we gave the run to a friend after our rabbit died.
He made a little sun shelter as well. Massive run!

See I think that's probably the benefit of making your own because you can do it to whatever size you want. I want it at least 8ft x 4ft.

xx

Santa
02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I made mine using those pws panels - I made a frame to fit and nailed them together in large panels. I subsequently discovered that I needed to add a row of finer mesh along the bottom as my darling ickle Santa could escape through the panels :roll:

It's not a great pic and it's a couple of years old now, but I put them together a bit like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/AlisonA/2ac9d9d4.jpg

loobie_lou
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I made mine using those pws panels - I made a frame to fit and nailed them together in large panels. I subsequently discovered that I needed to add a row of finer mesh along the bottom as my darling ickle Santa could escape through the panels :roll:

It's not a great pic and it's a couple of years old now, but I put them together a bit like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/AlisonA/2ac9d9d4.jpg

Ooo that is a good idea... thank you :D How big is the run ?xx

Santa
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
I made that one 12*9 :) The panels are 3ft each so it's pretty easy to make them in any multiples of 3.

loobie_lou
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I made that one 12*9 :) The panels are 3ft each so it's pretty easy to make them in any multiples of 3.

That's great!!

Will definitely get on to the O/H about making that for Jamie and Sapphire, she is a dab hand with wood work, I'm pretty useless when it comes to that, lol. xx