• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large, good quality runs.... any suggestions?!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Looking for a secure and safe run for Jamie and Sapphire which I will be able to move around the garden and collapse when I move house in July.

Can anyone suggest anything =]

xx

If you want all those criteria I would suggest making one yourself to be honest. If you make each panel separately and screw them together, you will be able to unscrew it flat to move house. Personally I wouldn't trust any of the folding runs available on the market for anything other than light, supervised use.

My dad made a run ages ago and he bought all his materials from B&Q, this was donks ago, and we gave the run to a friend after our rabbit died.
He made a little sun shelter as well. Massive run!

My dad made a run ages ago and he bought all his materials from B&Q, this was donks ago, and we gave the run to a friend after our rabbit died.
He made a little sun shelter as well. Massive run!

See I think that's probably the benefit of making your own because you can do it to whatever size you want. I want it at least 8ft x 4ft.

xx

I made mine using those pws panels - I made a frame to fit and nailed them together in large panels. I subsequently discovered that I needed to add a row of finer mesh along the bottom as my darling ickle Santa could escape through the panels :roll:

It's not a great pic and it's a couple of years old now, but I put them together a bit like this:
2ac9d9d4.jpg

I made mine using those pws panels - I made a frame to fit and nailed them together in large panels. I subsequently discovered that I needed to add a row of finer mesh along the bottom as my darling ickle Santa could escape through the panels :roll:

It's not a great pic and it's a couple of years old now, but I put them together a bit like this:
2ac9d9d4.jpg

Ooo that is a good idea... thank you :D How big is the run ?xx

I made that one 12*9 :) The panels are 3ft each so it's pretty easy to make them in any multiples of 3.

I made that one 12*9 :) The panels are 3ft each so it's pretty easy to make them in any multiples of 3.

That's great!!

Will definitely get on to the O/H about making that for Jamie and Sapphire, she is a dab hand with wood work, I'm pretty useless when it comes to that, lol. xx

Back