• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What scales do you use to weigh your bun on?

Depends how big your bunnies are :)

I use digital kitchen scales for my smaller ones (up to about 2kg) as they are accurate to the gram.

I use baby scales for my bigger buns and cats, they're easier to use (designed to hold a baby rather than 100g flour LOL!) but they're not quite as accurate though.

Depends how big your bunnies are :)

I use digital kitchen scales for my smaller ones (up to about 2kg) as they are accurate to the gram.

I use baby scales for my bigger buns and cats, they're easier to use (designed to hold a baby rather than 100g flour LOL!) but they're not quite as accurate though.

Where did you get your baby ones from? x

I've got baby scales too - they use them in my vet's so they must be pretty accurate. I got them for about £35 off Ebay.

I think they were from tkmaxx ages ago. No idea if they still have them.

I'd have a look on ebay for something like postal scales or flat veterinary or baby scales. I have a feeling Snowy linked to a reasonably priced set recently - try doing a search.

(Edit: clicky for some suggestions: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161419&highlight=scales)

The problem with mine is that they are a curved shape for a baby to lie on its back, so I find the reading varies slightly depending on how the animal is sitting in it :?

I think they were from tkmaxx ages ago. No idea if they still have them.

I'd have a look on ebay for something like postal scales or flat veterinary or baby scales. I have a feeling Snowy linked to a reasonably priced set recently - try doing a search.

(Edit: clicky for some suggestions: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161419&highlight=scales)

The problem with mine is that they are a curved shape for a baby to lie on its back, so I find the reading varies slightly depending on how the animal is sitting in it :?

Thank you :)

I have been weighing them on kitchen scales by balancing a tray on top...as you can imagine it doesn't work that well!!! :roll::oops:

Ha ha just used the electric scales to weigh Lionel but then he is only a diddy 856g :love: I wouldn't dare try them with Lolly :shock:

My baby scales are flat which is handy. I've had the buns weighed at the vets and then weighed them at home and they read the same. They weren't new - I got them secondhand.

Back