PDA

View Full Version : What scales do you use to weigh your bun on?

Becky's Bunnies
02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Hiya as the title says i'm looking for scales that would be good to weigh my bunnies on?.

x

*Spider*
02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Food scales!!
Put them in a bowl and weigh them!
Not the best way but it works!

Santa
02-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Depends how big your bunnies are :)

I use digital kitchen scales for my smaller ones (up to about 2kg) as they are accurate to the gram.

I use baby scales for my bigger buns and cats, they're easier to use (designed to hold a baby rather than 100g flour LOL!) but they're not quite as accurate though.

Buuny_Friend
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Depends how big your bunnies are :)

I use digital kitchen scales for my smaller ones (up to about 2kg) as they are accurate to the gram.

I use baby scales for my bigger buns and cats, they're easier to use (designed to hold a baby rather than 100g flour LOL!) but they're not quite as accurate though.

Where did you get your baby ones from? x

Mackers
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I've got baby scales too - they use them in my vet's so they must be pretty accurate. I got them for about 35 off Ebay.

Santa
02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I think they were from tkmaxx ages ago. No idea if they still have them.

I'd have a look on ebay for something like postal scales or flat veterinary or baby scales. I have a feeling Snowy linked to a reasonably priced set recently - try doing a search.

(Edit: clicky for some suggestions: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161419&highlight=scales)

The problem with mine is that they are a curved shape for a baby to lie on its back, so I find the reading varies slightly depending on how the animal is sitting in it :?

Buuny_Friend
02-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I think they were from tkmaxx ages ago. No idea if they still have them.

I'd have a look on ebay for something like postal scales or flat veterinary or baby scales. I have a feeling Snowy linked to a reasonably priced set recently - try doing a search.

(Edit: clicky for some suggestions: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161419&highlight=scales)

The problem with mine is that they are a curved shape for a baby to lie on its back, so I find the reading varies slightly depending on how the animal is sitting in it :?

Thank you :)

I have been weighing them on kitchen scales by balancing a tray on top...as you can imagine it doesn't work that well!!! :roll::oops:

angeleyes
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Ha ha just used the electric scales to weigh Lionel but then he is only a diddy 856g :love: I wouldn't dare try them with Lolly :shock:

Mackers
02-03-2009, 08:19 PM
My baby scales are flat which is handy. I've had the buns weighed at the vets and then weighed them at home and they read the same. They weren't new - I got them secondhand.

Becky's Bunnies
02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
they are fairly big buns. Will have a look at the baby scales on ebay. Thank-you for the replies:).
x

Diddeen
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
i have normal bathroom digital scales.. i weigh myself then pick bun up and weigh myself again :D