• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any vibes to spare for Izzy 'foster' bun? U/D She's gone to the bridge!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I got home from my boring training course to find Izzy (the georgous harlequin lion-lop) hadn't eaten her breakfast.

I normally give her some excel and kale first thing and she was tucking into the kale when I left her but looked very unhappy at 4.30pm and hasn't eaten her excel and has refused everything so far.

I'm guessing I gave her too much kale at breakfast but didn't get much sleep so really can't remember much about this morning, except that she was bright when I left her.

She looks reasonably bright now she's had her metaclop jab and is indoors with a snugglesafe. I'm about to go looking for dandelions despite having a racking cough and I have a good feeling she will eat soon but vibes would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Awww bless her, poor Izzy :cry::cry::cry: Come on sweetheart get better soon for your 'foster mummy' & make sure you eat up all the dandelions :D

Sending you lots of vibes & big cuddle xxx

Thanks everybody.

I'm relieved to say she's just eaten some grass. She waiting 'til I felt sick with worry first though :roll:

I shall go out and pick some more now. I bet she'll get a taste for being a house rabbit while she's inside :?

I've been up every 2 hours trying to get her to eat and she's had hardly anything :cry::cry:

I did manage to get some water into her, which she lapped off the syringe. She looked okay when I made her run round too, so don't know what's ailing her.

I'm supposed to be on a training course, I'm tired beyond belief (had flu last week) and I've just been sick :cry::cry: I forced myself to have breakfast for energy though.

I'm going to get Izzy to FHB for 9.00 am. My training is in Harrogate so at least in the right town.

Oh i hope Izzy starts eating.....and i hope you manage to struggle through your course!

I hope she will be ok, she will be in good hands. My polo sometimes stops eating now and again for absolutely no reason at all. She is usually given a gut stimulant and pain relief at the vets and she is absolutely fine after than, and is usually eating within a few hours of coming back. Sending vibes your way x

Oh bless Izzy - fingers crossed that she gets better soon - sending her lots more vibes.

Hope you feel better soon too hun - I know how draining it can be when you don't feel well yourself :cry:

Beautiful little Izzy died around lunchtime. I'd agreed for her to have emergency surgery as something was obviously badly wrong but she died before surgery could be carried out.

A post-mortem revealed that she had a twisted liver which ruptured blood vessels, so she effectively bleed to death. No known cause for this condition, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her liver.

She was so bright and active at the weekend - I just can't believe a seemingly health and robust 9 month old can die so quickly :cry::cry::cry:

God I'm going to miss her she was so cheeky and full of life.

Oh my goodness - I can't believe it :cry::cry::cry: I am so sorry that she's gone to Rainbow Bridge, poor wee girl. You must be so shocked - thinking of you xxxx

Binky free Izzy at the bridge in the long green grass, sleep tight little sweetheart xxxx

Back