PDA

View Full Version : Any vibes to spare for Izzy 'foster' bun? U/D She's gone to the bridge!!

Bunny Buddy
02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I got home from my boring training course to find Izzy (the georgous harlequin lion-lop) hadn't eaten her breakfast.

I normally give her some excel and kale first thing and she was tucking into the kale when I left her but looked very unhappy at 4.30pm and hasn't eaten her excel and has refused everything so far.

I'm guessing I gave her too much kale at breakfast but didn't get much sleep so really can't remember much about this morning, except that she was bright when I left her.

She looks reasonably bright now she's had her metaclop jab and is indoors with a snugglesafe. I'm about to go looking for dandelions despite having a racking cough and I have a good feeling she will eat soon but vibes would be appreciated.

Bunnyaddict
02-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Awww bless her, poor Izzy :cry::cry::cry: Come on sweetheart get better soon for your 'foster mummy' & make sure you eat up all the dandelions :D

Sending you lots of vibes & big cuddle xxx

giantbunnymummy
02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Vibes for Izzy. Hope she eats soon.

FudgeMallow
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Lots and lots of vibes xxx

FriskyClover
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Lots of get munching vibes for Izzy.

Bunny Buddy
02-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks everybody.

I'm relieved to say she's just eaten some grass. She waiting 'til I felt sick with worry first though :roll:

I shall go out and pick some more now. I bet she'll get a taste for being a house rabbit while she's inside :?

Bunnyaddict
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Phew that's a relief :D Come on Izzy keep going xxx

KarenM
03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Poor Izzy, how is she doing this morning?

Bunny Buddy
03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I've been up every 2 hours trying to get her to eat and she's had hardly anything :cry::cry:

I did manage to get some water into her, which she lapped off the syringe. She looked okay when I made her run round too, so don't know what's ailing her.

I'm supposed to be on a training course, I'm tired beyond belief (had flu last week) and I've just been sick :cry::cry: I forced myself to have breakfast for energy though.

I'm going to get Izzy to FHB for 9.00 am. My training is in Harrogate so at least in the right town.

Kermit
03-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Oh i hope Izzy starts eating.....and i hope you manage to struggle through your course!

oscarbunny
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I hope she will be ok, she will be in good hands. My polo sometimes stops eating now and again for absolutely no reason at all. She is usually given a gut stimulant and pain relief at the vets and she is absolutely fine after than, and is usually eating within a few hours of coming back. Sending vibes your way x

Bunnyaddict
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Oh bless Izzy - fingers crossed that she gets better soon - sending her lots more vibes.

Hope you feel better soon too hun - I know how draining it can be when you don't feel well yourself :cry:

Bunny Buddy
03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Beautiful little Izzy died around lunchtime. I'd agreed for her to have emergency surgery as something was obviously badly wrong but she died before surgery could be carried out.

A post-mortem revealed that she had a twisted liver which ruptured blood vessels, so she effectively bleed to death. No known cause for this condition, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her liver.

She was so bright and active at the weekend - I just can't believe a seemingly health and robust 9 month old can die so quickly :cry::cry::cry:

God I'm going to miss her she was so cheeky and full of life.

Bunnyaddict
03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh my goodness - I can't believe it :cry::cry::cry: I am so sorry that she's gone to Rainbow Bridge, poor wee girl. You must be so shocked - thinking of you xxxx

Binky free Izzy at the bridge in the long green grass, sleep tight little sweetheart xxxx

yvette
03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Im so dreadfully sorry.xxx

kelly1
03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
im so sorry,binky free little one

Liz1966
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh bless Izzy. I am sorry she has gone

Snowberry
03-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Im so sorry!

Poor Izzy

xxx

The Duchess
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about Izzy.

Binky free sweetheart.

FudgeMallow
03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh my god im so sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Things happen for a reason and it was her time to go :cry::cry: Binky free izzy xxxx

Jack's-Jane
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM
How tragic :cry:

Binky Free Izzy

xx

KarenM
03-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm so sorry Alison, how sad. :cry::cry: Sleep tight Izzy. xx

Sparkle x
04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
oh gosh..............

so sorry xx

Happy Hopping
04-03-2009, 03:03 AM
What a shocker. I am shock a bunny this bun can die like that. I can't imagine how can that happen. So sorry for Izzy.

Maizey
04-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I have only just seen this.Im so sorry.Sleep tight Izzy xxxxxxxx

oscarbunny
04-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh goodness I am so sorry. I really thought little Izzy would make it. She was obviously very ill. Again, I am so very sorry. :cry::cry:

Binky free little one x

Bunny Buddy
05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all kind wishes and condolences.

Oh goodness I am so sorry. I really thought little Izzy would make it.

So did I! It just shows that you have to be vigilant and that stasis is often the symptoms you get when something more serious is amiss and not only a digestive upset! It should have been obvious really as her eating was perfect, she really wasn't a bunny likely to suffer a digestive upset, it HAD to be the obvious sign of something more going on, not that it would have made any difference, the damage wasn't repairable anyway. Ruth, the vet who was caring for her said she would probably not have been in much pain, just very subdued due to blood loss. That at least is a consolation.

I'm still in total shock that a bunny so vibrant can die so quickly and unexpectedly though. I never leave them alone all day except when I really can't avoid it ... that would be only two or three days a year, and the poor love had to get sick on a day when she was left all day, so unbelievably tragic. All the time I spent planning her future and she hasn't got any :cry::cry::cry: It's not even a year since I lost Scrat in similar circumstances, it was all too familiar, the verdict of having to go to emergency surgery etc. It's beyond me how anyone gets bunnies to old age, they just seem so fragile.:cry::cry::cry:

halfpenny
05-03-2009, 01:40 PM
So sorry to hear this, we lost a guinea pig to a shunt, a problem where the liver doesn't get the right blood supply and eventually the animal's body outgrows the supply available. He was fine until he was about 4 months old and we realised he was not growing any more and he died. At least you know there is nothing you could have done and her time with you was good.

ecudc
05-03-2009, 01:50 PM
very sorry for your sudden loss. what a shock.

KarenM
05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
You did all you could for her Alison, and Izzy went to the bridge knowing love and having much more attention than she'd probably ever had. It's no consolation though, I know & it's so unfair that life is so short for some bunnies. :(:(

tracy08
05-03-2009, 02:27 PM
oh no thats so sad (((hugs)))

SOAD
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I am sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry:

~ Cat ~
05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Beautiful little Izzy died around lunchtime. I'd agreed for her to have emergency surgery as something was obviously badly wrong but she died before surgery could be carried out.

A post-mortem revealed that she had a twisted liver which ruptured blood vessels, so she effectively bleed to death. No known cause for this condition, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her liver.

She was so bright and active at the weekend - I just can't believe a seemingly health and robust 9 month old can die so quickly :cry::cry::cry:

God I'm going to miss her she was so cheeky and full of life.

I am so very sorry :cry: Binky Free little Izzy x x