• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toxicity of grapes

Rabbits have a different metabolism, as they are herbivores. But I still wouldn't feed them any raisins, and not more than one grape per week.
I get ill when I eat grapes, but I am not sure why. It could be the high sugar content, or maybe some pesticide or mycotoxin. I don't think people know why grapes are toxic to some dogs, they just observed it.

Rabbits have a different metabolism, as they are herbivores. But I still wouldn't feed them any raisins, and not more than one grape per week.
I get ill when I eat grapes, but I am not sure why. It could be the high sugar content, or maybe some pesticide or mycotoxin. I don't think people know why grapes are toxic to some dogs, they just observed it.

Grapes cause kidney failure in dogs but i'm not sure why exactly :)

I am sure the odd raisin won't do any harm, but try to buy organic ones at least. The cheap ones have been treated with some sulphur stuff which can't be healthy.

Back