• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can buns chew Elderberry branches?

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
We've just been doing some tidying up in the garden & have chopped quite a few branches off an elderberry tree. I just wondered if anyone knew if they are safe for bunnies to chew on? We've got some big branches & I didn't want to waste them if they're safe.

Does anyone know the answer to this please? Have been googling it this afternoon & can't seem to find an anwer :roll:

I think I recall from my winemaking days that the leaves and stems contain cyanide so probably best not to feed them...:)

Thanks a lot guys :D Best not to give them to the buns then :shock: Why can't it be an apple tree :roll::roll::roll: Oh well will just have to go into wine making :lol::lol::lol:

Now stop it guys - you're going to end up making me make some wine with all this encouragement :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back