• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

winter buns moving back outside - when? advice please

i know its still early and not quite time to move Diego back outdoors, but im just wanting to get everything ready to go out as soon as he can as i really dont think him being indoors is doing him much good as the household is sooo busy and loud with the 4 children... plus Diego really needs a new partner as he seems so lonely. He is starting to lunge at people and i know he would be so much happier back in his own space. I thought it might help us bond more with him being in, but he is totally indifferent to us and doesnt interact much (except for food time and then he follows my feet til he gets what he wants :roll: )

Ive almost finished building the hutch and will keep it empty until we get the new wifey bun so that it is a neutral space.

Diego has been inside for about 3 weeks now, he hasnt shed any hair at all and still has a really thick coat which surprises me.
when the time comes, how do i go about reintroducing him to the great outdoors?
when is the normal time to start moving the winter indoor buns out?

the new hutch is insulated and should be quite warm

I always say to people to not move them outside until about april/ may depending on what the weather is like, and more importantly the weather overnight. Today for example is gorgeous sunshine here, but theres still a chill in the air. I have heard theres another cold spell on its way too.

I'm in the same position with mine. Flora and Parsnip have been indoors since early December due to ill health and I'm now busy updating their shed so that they can go back outside when the weather warms up. I know they're not overjoyed at being indoors because they're quite timid buns but they've coped pretty well. I was planning on sometime after Easter but will really play it by ear to see exactly what the weather's doing.

My boy cookie has been spending his days outside and from about 5/6 come in for the night.
Is that ok?
Star x

Mine will be moving out around April or May dependant on when the frost drops off and if they have bonded by then. One didn't have a wonter coat and the other shedded it a few weeks back...it was quite obvious because it got everywhere. :roll:

im really worried about diego as he just doesnt seem happy, he was ok for the first couple of weeks and really didnt seem to miss Dora, but now it feels as though he is really lonely, and he isnt as active. he keeps going to sleep next to a mirror, i know he prob cant see but it looks like he is trying to find a friend. i cant introduce a female to him in the house but worried about waiting another 4 weeks at least. He doesnt want any more interaction from us, he hates being touched so i have spent a lot of time sitting near and talking to him
I kind of feel that ive done him more harm than good bringing him in, i could at least stroke him before and now he doesnt want anyone near him and spends most of his time hiding.

He definately hasnt lost any of his winter coat which i find quite odd :? there has been no hair loss at all
i wish the weather would pick up :( poor boy xx

Back