• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey has just gone for her Spay U/D it think we're o.k now!!

Hello
If you can spare any extra vibes, can we have some for Honey Bumbalina!
She went in for her Spay at 9.15am and won't be allowed home until tomorrow.
They are also going to look at her teeth, to see if anything can be done to help the blocked tear duct.:cry::cry:

It's going to be a very long 24 hours!!!

Must keep busy!!!

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Thank you

I started to have doubts last night about putting her through it all. Seems so unfair, but my husband re-assured me and said I would be prolonging her life, which I know is true, but it's still such a huge thing isn't it?

I think the vetenary nurse thought I was mad, because I said if you have a few spare moments every hour, could you maybe go and give her a little cuddle!!!:lol::lol::lol:

She sooooooooooo loves being fussed!!

My poor little girl:cry::cry:

aw your just right telling asking her to do that. it is a very nerve racking time but she'll come through good.

Sending lots of vibes; you know you're doing the best thing for her but it doesn't make it any easier or stop you worrying. xx

Hello
I have just had a call from the vets to say Honeys Spay was routine and no complications:p:p:p
However, they did an x-ray on her skull and she has enlarged tooth roots on the molars on both sides, which are compressing the tear ducts.
So poor Honey will have to have eye drops when she's a bit sore.:(:(

I guess in the grand scheme of things, she is here and healthy and that's all I was praying for.

I don't know when I can collect her yet, as the nurses are still monitoring her.

Thanks for all the vibes.

aw bless glad the spay went well, hopefully the teeth will be something that you can control. sending her loads of get well vibes.

Loads of vibes for Honey - hope she's recovering well after her op!

I'm dreading getting Daisy spayed as I know i'll be a complete wreck - so big hugs while you're waiting for gorgeous Honey to come home!

Hello
I have just had a call from the vets to say Honeys Spay was routine and no complications:p:p:p
However, they did an x-ray on her skull and she has enlarged tooth roots on the molars on both sides, which are compressing the tear ducts.
So poor Honey will have to have eye drops when she's a bit sore.:(:(

I guess in the grand scheme of things, she is here and healthy and that's all I was praying for.

I don't know when I can collect her yet, as the nurses are still monitoring her.

Thanks for all the vibes.

Glad she got through her spay OK :D

Could you let her Breeder know about her Dental problems as they are obviously genetic in origin given that she is still so young.
It would be such a shame if her breeder continued to breed from the same genetic line :cry:

Hi
Have just had a call from the vetenary nurse and Honey is sitting up, but not eaten or had any water to drink yet:(

They are still going to keep her in overnight and I am to call after 9.00am tomorrow.

Sorry to ask again but please can I have some eating, drinking and pooing vibes

I'm sure she'll be fine, but just keeping fingers crossed now.

Thank you everyone.

more vibes for honey!! your vet seems really good, mine go in between 8-9am to be neutered and they have to be picked up after 3pm :roll:

Glad she got through her spay OK :D

Could you let her Breeder know about her Dental problems as they are obviously genetic in origin given that she is still so young.
It would be such a shame if her breeder continued to breed from the same genetic line :cry:

Hi Jane
I heard last week the breeder is not going to breed anymore!!!
They are looking into doing boarding instead.
It is an educational farm in a beautiful area, so hoping they set everything up correctly.
They are also promoting recues - so it all looks good to me!!

Back