PDA

View Full Version : Honey has just gone for her Spay U/D it think we're o.k now!!

Jessica Rabbit
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello
If you can spare any extra vibes, can we have some for Honey Bumbalina!
She went in for her Spay at 9.15am and won't be allowed home until tomorrow.
They are also going to look at her teeth, to see if anything can be done to help the blocked tear duct.:cry::cry:

It's going to be a very long 24 hours!!!

Must keep busy!!!

Thanks everyone

Ted an Petal
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
aw sending loads of vibes for her.

Daisylop
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Lots of healing vibes for Honey and mind occupying vibes for you:D xx

Jessica Rabbit
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Thank you

I started to have doubts last night about putting her through it all. Seems so unfair, but my husband re-assured me and said I would be prolonging her life, which I know is true, but it's still such a huge thing isn't it?

I think the vetenary nurse thought I was mad, because I said if you have a few spare moments every hour, could you maybe go and give her a little cuddle!!!:lol::lol::lol:

She sooooooooooo loves being fussed!!

My poor little girl:cry::cry:

Ted an Petal
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
aw your just right telling asking her to do that. it is a very nerve racking time but she'll come through good.

Jack's-Jane
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Lots of vibes for Honey :)

KarenM
02-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Sending lots of vibes; you know you're doing the best thing for her but it doesn't make it any easier or stop you worrying. xx

Bunnyaddict
02-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Lots of vibes for Honey & an extra big cuddle for when she comes home xxx

mum2buns
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
loads of vibes for Honey :wave:

Jessica Rabbit
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello
I have just had a call from the vets to say Honeys Spay was routine and no complications:p:p:p
However, they did an x-ray on her skull and she has enlarged tooth roots on the molars on both sides, which are compressing the tear ducts.
So poor Honey will have to have eye drops when she's a bit sore.:(:(

I guess in the grand scheme of things, she is here and healthy and that's all I was praying for.

I don't know when I can collect her yet, as the nurses are still monitoring her.

Thanks for all the vibes.

Ted an Petal
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM
aw bless glad the spay went well, hopefully the teeth will be something that you can control. sending her loads of get well vibes.

Jessica Rabbit
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
aw bless glad the spay went well, hopefully the teeth will be something that you can control. sending her loads of get well vibes.

Thank You - can't wait to get her home. Not sure if it will be today though!

Ted an Petal
02-03-2009, 02:44 PM
aw hopefully you can get her home, i'm sure she'll want to be with her mummy.

giantbunnymummy
02-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Loads of vibes for Honey - hope she's recovering well after her op!

I'm dreading getting Daisy spayed as I know i'll be a complete wreck - so big hugs while you're waiting for gorgeous Honey to come home!

devoted2buns
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
sending vibes for Honey!! Bless her little sole. Give her lots of cuddles from me when she returns home. :D

Jack's-Jane
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Hello
I have just had a call from the vets to say Honeys Spay was routine and no complications:p:p:p
However, they did an x-ray on her skull and she has enlarged tooth roots on the molars on both sides, which are compressing the tear ducts.
So poor Honey will have to have eye drops when she's a bit sore.:(:(

I guess in the grand scheme of things, she is here and healthy and that's all I was praying for.

I don't know when I can collect her yet, as the nurses are still monitoring her.

Thanks for all the vibes.

Glad she got through her spay OK :D

Could you let her Breeder know about her Dental problems as they are obviously genetic in origin given that she is still so young.
It would be such a shame if her breeder continued to breed from the same genetic line :cry:

Jessica Rabbit
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi
Have just had a call from the vetenary nurse and Honey is sitting up, but not eaten or had any water to drink yet:(

They are still going to keep her in overnight and I am to call after 9.00am tomorrow.

Sorry to ask again but please can I have some eating, drinking and pooing vibes

I'm sure she'll be fine, but just keeping fingers crossed now.

Thank you everyone.

devoted2buns
02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
more vibes for honey!! your vet seems really good, mine go in between 8-9am to be neutered and they have to be picked up after 3pm :roll:

giantbunnymummy
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Vibes for Honey!

Jessica Rabbit
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad she got through her spay OK :D

Could you let her Breeder know about her Dental problems as they are obviously genetic in origin given that she is still so young.
It would be such a shame if her breeder continued to breed from the same genetic line :cry:

Hi Jane
I heard last week the breeder is not going to breed anymore!!!
They are looking into doing boarding instead.
It is an educational farm in a beautiful area, so hoping they set everything up correctly.
They are also promoting recues - so it all looks good to me!!

Jessica Rabbit
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi
I collected Honey this morning and she is in my shop with me at the moment listening to Ballet music ( I own a dancewear shop!!!)
She is very relaxed and calm.
She has had some water and nibbled at a treat, but other than that, nothing.
She's been for a wee wee, but no poos yet
The vets said she has done both this morning.
i'll keep trying to tempt her to eat and drink.

Is this all normal?

I think she's o.k, just obviously a bit sore

Can I have some eating and pooing vibes pleeeeeeeease

thanks

Sparkle x
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Sending the gorgeous honey lots of vibes!!!

Give her time she will come round.

Is she looking for a husbun soon?! ;)

Jessica Rabbit
03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Sending the gorgeous honey lots of vibes!!!

Give her time she will come round.

Is she looking for a husbun soon?! ;)

Thanks Nat!!
She has 2 half brothers outside waiting for her at the moment, but not sure if we're brave enough to put her in with Eric and Ernie!!!
Also she is such a lovely house rabbit I'm tempted to keep her indoors, although I think it would be nice for her to be with other rabbits.
It's hard to decide when.....

1. she adores cuddles and snuggles with me ( and me with her too!)
and
2. It has taken so long to bond the boys, not sure if I can risk breaking the bond

I guess from your question, you might be thinking about Elvis???????

KateB
03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Aww - bless little Honey:love:
Lots of eating & pooping vibes from here.
She's probably feeling a bit sore & a bit confused by it all - hope she's back to normal soon

Stephy
03-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Aaaaah, poor u - I'd be exactly the same!

Sending cuddles to your bunny xx :love:

Jessica Rabbit
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Yaaaaaay - she's eating carrot, so hopefully the poos will follow!!!

Is it alright that she's eating carrot and not hay or pellets?

I guess something is better than nothing!

Thanks for all the vibes

Ted an Petal
03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
aw glad it all went well. aslong as she's eating something, i just fed my girls loads of fresh stuff to get them into eating and they eventually started eating hay on their own accord. i'm sure your pleased to have her home. you could also try putting some water in her pellets and mushing them up a bit and see if she's tempted with them, took ted 3 days before she ate her pellets.

FudgeMallow
03-03-2009, 02:26 PM
All so glad she is back with you :D
When my girly Millie got done she only ate veg for a week before she started eating hay and pellets again! Im sure she will be fine :D

Sending pooing vibes :D xx

Jessica Rabbit
03-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks Ted and petal and Fudgemallow

I'll see how we get on this afternoon, since it's "quiet time" anyway.

Glad to hear she's o.k to eat the veggies.I will have to keep an eye that it's not too much though, as she has only been having a few cms of veg a day, to get used to it!

giantbunnymummy
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Glad she's home and having a nibble on a carrot :D

Poo vibes for Honey!!

Jessica Rabbit
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
We have poos!!!!!!

Sparkle x
04-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks Nat!!
She has 2 half brothers outside waiting for her at the moment, but not sure if we're brave enough to put her in with Eric and Ernie!!!
Also she is such a lovely house rabbit I'm tempted to keep her indoors, although I think it would be nice for her to be with other rabbits.
It's hard to decide when.....

1. she adores cuddles and snuggles with me ( and me with her too!)
and
2. It has taken so long to bond the boys, not sure if I can risk breaking the bond

I guess from your question, you might be thinking about Elvis???????

oooo they would look gorge together, honey, eric and ernie!!!!

:love:

elvis - leo, he has several names!

rabswood
04-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Hope Honey is doing well.

I wouldn't put her in with two boys as I think the boys will start fighting.

I had a mummy doe (Lavender) happily living with her two sons (Oxo and Pippin) I tried to introduce another doe (Blossom) to the group and the boys started fighting. I now keep them as two male/female pairs.

I would also give Honey a good few weeks internal healing time before bonding her with any male.

Good luck

Rabswood

Jessica Rabbit
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Honey had a good night in our bedroom last night - and at 6.00am could hear her chomping on pellets.
she hasn't eaten very much since - a bit of carrot (with a hole skewered down the middle with her meatacam in) and she's had a couple more pellets and a couple of strands of hay.
She's had a couple of wees but no poos. I think she's still in a lot of pain, so hoepfully the metacam will kick in and she'll move about a bit

Still keeping everything crossed she'll feel like eating a bit more.I keep offering hand fed food and she refuses!:(

Thanks for all your support and advice on future bonding!!! (I'll keep you posted on that one!)

Ted an Petal
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
aw glad she's eating, have you tried letting her out for a bit of gently exercise sometimes that helps stimulate the gut. also have you tried her with any fresh herbs? at least she's eating her pellets.

Jessica Rabbit
04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
aw glad she's eating, have you tried letting her out for a bit of gently exercise sometimes that helps stimulate the gut. also have you tried her with any fresh herbs? at least she's eating her pellets.

She's just eaten lots of hay so hoping poos will follow. :):)
will try her out for a while later if still no poos!

Ted an Petal
04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
aw thats great. yeah petal did really smelly poos when i let her out for a run after the op but it seemed to clear out her system and she was back to normal in no time.

rabswood
05-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Hope Honey is feeling better.

Rabswood

Jessica Rabbit
05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Had to take Honey back to the vets today:cry::cry:

She only did a couple of very tiny poos yesterday and didn't eat all evening
Gave her time to run around a bit but still no poos or eating
She didn't eat or drink or poo all night (not sure about wees)

Tried to tempt her to eat all her favourite things this morning and gave her another chance to run around, but not interested at all!

Took her to the vet and he said to increase her metacam by 3 times as of tomorrow
He gave her 2 injections (pain releif and gut stimulant)
Before he gave them to her she ran to me and snuggled under my arm!!:(
After he gave them she came to me and put her feet on my shoulders.
The vet said "she is very personable isn't she? " I said she definately loves a lot of fuss.
He also showed me her x-rays from Monday and explained about her elongated tooth roots.
Before we left he stopped me and said " let me have a chat with her"
He bent down to Honeys carrier and said " now come on beautiful girl, get eating for us"
"Come back tomorrow if you;re still concerned!"
He was lovely.
Since then She has done a few tiny black poos, eaten a little hay and has just had a small amount of Kale, but still not right!

Sorry to ask again, but Please can I ask for some more eating and pooing vibes for Honey

Sorry for the long post:oops::oops:

devoted2buns
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
more vibes for honey ;)

Jessica Rabbit
05-03-2009, 08:04 PM
more vibes for honey ;)

Thanks Julie:wave:

devoted2buns
05-03-2009, 08:05 PM
i know how worrying it is, not a nice feeling at all. Bet your be glad when shes herself again and its all over and done with.

Jessica Rabbit
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
i know how worrying it is, not a nice feeling at all. Bet your be glad when shes herself again and its all over and done with.

Absolutley - it seemed to be o.k Tuesday when I got her from the vets, but she just isn't interested in food.That's not like her at all - she's a right little food monster!!!
I'm just hoping we can get some more poos from her.
I think having Eric go into stasis in December really frightened me and I am so scared she will end up getting it too! Just a bit paranoid that's all!

tracy08
05-03-2009, 09:48 PM
awww ((hug)) eating and pooing vibes coming your way hun xxx

Jessica Rabbit
05-03-2009, 09:51 PM
AT LAST!!!

Bigger poos - still quite soft, but a small pile of about 8!
Some hay been eaten and a couple of pellets.

2 binkys and an attempt at chewing the skirting board, so I guess we're finally on the mend:p:p

Thanks everyone.
Hoping this will be the last update now and poos will be large golden ones soon!!!

Ted an Petal
06-03-2009, 11:33 AM
glad she's feeling better, lets hope she continues to reover.

Jessica Rabbit
06-03-2009, 05:04 PM
glad she's feeling better, lets hope she continues to reover.

Honey is doing well today
She's eaten her pellets, lots of hay and some Kale.

Poos are still a bit small and dark, but we're getting there!
Had to leave her at 12 today for work, but hubbie is at home keeping an eye on her, so no doubt, she will have had a few cuddles this afternoon!