• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think i'd be wise to try again?

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i've got a week off in march and i was wondering would i be wise to try bonding ted and petal again. do you think third time luckily would come into it, i know my husband would think i'm mad. but after everything they've been through togther i'm not sure. i know the two girl thing is alot harder too. :roll:

Hello
I can't say for sure if it's right for your 2 girls.

But I perservered with Eric and Ernie and it paid off - I still don't get too carried away with it all, but as long as I keep everything the same and don't change anything we have harmony.

Could you take them to someone to bond for you? Then you can completely neutralise everything.
CAT is also going through the bonding stages with Lola and Lucy. She may be able to give you some help.

Just make sure you follow all the rules!! And take it really slowly ( it took us a good few months before the boys settled) Don't give them too much space too soon. It's very easy to get excited if it works.

I'm not saying go ahead, but if you do, I wish you all luck.

cheers jessica. i asked the recuse centre over here and they only do intial bonding then you've to do the rest. the big prob i have is they share everything in their seperate time :? so i only have the bathroom left which is tiny to keep them in. aw i really don't know. :(

cheers jessica. i asked the recuse centre over here and they only do intial bonding then you've to do the rest. the big prob i have is they share everything in their seperate time :? so i only have the bathroom left which is tiny to keep them in. aw i really don't know. :(

Maybe someone can say for sure, but I would think a small bathroom might be o.k

There are loads of experienced people on here, so I'm sure someone can advise.

When you bonded previously, were there any injuries or just fur flying?
Because fur flying is o.k as long as there is no bloodshed! You have to be brave and just be prepared to seperate them if necessary.

God it all sounds so simple, but it is so scarey isn't it?

I can only talk from my experience, so I'm no expert!

Wish I could come and help you, but you're far too far away.

cheers jessica, the first time i bonded them it all went well for two weeks then petal ripped the skin off the inside of teds hind leg, cost me £119 to fix, i tried at christmas time there too and they just locked onto each other although ted was the initiator, but they just looked at each other with hatred. so my thinking is ted still hasn't forgotten what petal did to her. :( would really like them together but not sure it'll happen. i do intend on gettng a husbun but thought i might give it one more shot.

A small bathroom is perfect for bonding!!!
but what do we do for showering? specially if i have to leave them there for a week. the other place they don't go into is the wee room, but my precious highfi is in there along with other cables. i've no money to get a playpen unless i borrow some money from hubby which i :( hate doing. but with the wee room i could sleep in there as wee have a sofa bed thing. hmmm that is an idea.

There are so many different things people advise on here and it can be so confusuing!
Perhaps you could start the bonding when they are in their quiet time (afternoon) Maybe give them a reall good runaround first to burn off some energy.
I think some people suggest putting food in there with them, and maybe a soft broom to seperate them if it gets too much. Be careful bristles don;t go in their eyes.

Sorry I don't really know what to suggest.
I'm not much help - sorry!!!:oops::oops::oops:

thanks jessica, i like your ideas. i've been told to put them in a carrier and take them for a drive but would be scared if they started figthing in the middle of the journey and i only have a two seater car. well i might see if my husband could lend me £30 and i'll go get a playpen from argos. need to chat with him about it. can't wait to see the look on his face :lol:

A lot of people reccommend taking them for a ride or walk with both of them in the carry case.

The small area forces them to "join forces" and snuggle up.

The smaller the space the better to start with then gradually increase their area.

I would give it one more go - It may be that one of them isn't a bunny bun or may just not llike the other.

Good luck though :D

cheers jessica, the first time i bonded them it all went well for two weeks then petal ripped the skin off the inside of teds hind leg, cost me £119 to fix, i tried at christmas time there too and they just locked onto each other although ted was the initiator, but they just looked at each other with hatred. so my thinking is ted still hasn't forgotten what petal did to her. :( would really like them together but not sure it'll happen. i do intend on gettng a husbun but thought i might give it one more shot.

in my opinion once wounds like that have been inflicted they can never be trusted again. Even if they do bond initially in the future the same could happen again.

If you do decide to bond I have found there are no hard and fast rules some bond better in smaller spaces others have done better in larger areas but scuffle when put in a crate. I personally don't like to bond in a carry box especially if they are not top opening as can be hard to gain access if it kicks off. I also don't agree with car journeys as I don't think it is fair to make bunnys bond by causing them stress :?

thanks guys. aw i had just found this place before i'd put them together unspayed they maybe would be okay today. it's really all my fault. will give it one more go and see what happens. it's really hard to know. teddy seems a really happy content bunny compared to petal which makes me think she's not fussed but wouldn't reallt want to denie them of a chance together again.

Back