• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help me decide.....i dont know what to do

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( i should be sooo pleased and i am belive you me i am..but im now at apoint where i have to make a descision one way or the other and im torn.

My widower bun Bertie and my recently widowed bun Bif (who were once hubby and wifey) have rebonded back together in grief. I was soo pleased for them both to have each other for comfort.
ive already seen a wifey for bertie..before bandit passed away...and ive alread taken on an injured abandoned little bun to live upstairs.

BUT i dont know if my plan to then bond them both to the frenchie wifey id ofund and another little male bun was a good idea/is a good idea.

i thought itd be easy and best for them to make it a foursome again..but last few days ive had my doubts:(
they are inseperable..bif will not sleep away from him at all and if she is eating etc when he wakes up he lamsot panics and goes looking for her..which sounds very sweet but im worried sick. what happens if i leave it at just them and one dies soon?:cry: the other one wont make it...and if add more buns..the stress etc of the bonding and new buns will make life for them all hard for a long time until they bond.if they bond as a foursome.
I have had the fourway bonding before and i know its hard with a bossy little doe like bif and ahuge bossy doe like willow was..but not all buns are same etc.

Somebody please please advise me here..my heart is telling me to not go head and find another two buns after all..to let them live out their lifes togehter until one passes away......and then decide then what to do.
my heads telling me that bif made bertie very stressed last time relying on him so much..but this time around it seems the feeling is mutal:shock::( but i should go ahead an enforce group bonding....always equal figures.

now all i want is what is best for them both and i dont know what to do

I think I would leave them as a pair. You have good reason to think that further bonding could well be difficult and if it failed it would complicate things further for you. It is always difficult when one of a pair dies but I think you might just have to wait and see what is best when that day comes.

I think I would leave it [for the time being at least].Daisy and Fluffy were inseperable [when he went for dentals she would look for him and sit by their hutch until he came home].We always said that when one died the other wouldnt be long behind.Fluffy died suddenly in November and I was beside myself with worry for Daisy.However she is now happily bonded with Loppy [Fat Fluffs]:D:D

I think I would leave them as a pair. My pair of housebuns are so happy and in love I wouldnt want to ever disturb their partnership as I would hate for it to ruin what they have.
I have two doe (sisters, speyed over a year ago) that while they are affectionate to each other, one does chase the other if she thinks food is anywhere around and does bully her a bit, in this case I'm going to try and bond our recently single buck with them because it certainly isnt a match made in heaven.
But as Bertie and Bif are so attached to each other now, as with my housebuns, I think it would be a shame to upset that.
Good luck whatever you decide x

I have to agree with everyone else - given what you've said, I would leave them as a pair. They sound very happy together and you have no guarantees how/if a foursome would work & it could make things worse.

They were both very upset when their respective partners died, but they have both proved that they can move on and form a bond with another bun, so hopefully the surviving bun will be able to do the same again when that time comes.

I think you should leave them as they are and let things settle down for a few months. If they are getting on well bringing another bun in could make things bad again.

The trouble with Bif is, I think her past still affects her in the fact she suffers severe separation anxiety, right to the point of her 'giving up'

I'm not sure whether leaving her and Bertie as they are is the right thing to do or not......I'd say leave them be for the moment, let them both recover and then decide in a few weeks.

Love to the gorgeous little madam :love: and big nose rubs to Bertie :love:

:( yes i am afraid that with the neglect and cruelty bif and the other buns sufferred has left its mark and more importantly..the one constant in her 18 months of hell was her brother...who as we know gem..was rehomedwithin a few days of geting to the rescue and leaving her a broken bunny:(

Oscar was her love..bertie too then bandit..but bandit was more like ehr bond with oscar..they used to run aorund scurying around together it was a wonderful sight to see.

Losing oscar then bandit has left her very confused...and she does go in for cuddles as tight as bandit used to push her. And Bertie is forgoing all his snuggles on the sofa as hes worried about leaving bif for more than a few seconds..when hes awake! but even then he wakes up if he cant feel her near to him.
i think its a case of double grief ridden lonely heart bunnies agreeing to share the pain and comfort each other...for now anyway.

im so sorry Kris..we had our heart set on ollie for bertie but i htink i will have to say for now i do not think it a good idea as i really do not know the stae of their mental health after the way they are behaving..bless them. to make it worse i had to take the cats for their vaccs today and pick up poor little bandits ashes:cry: im not exactly smell of the week.

thankyou all for your concern and very much valued input.....i appreciate a lot of oyu have gone through this before too...thank you.

We're going through the same with Hazel after loosing her brother late last year but she's doing okay by herself......I know being on her own is not an option for Bif

What about the new bun you've recently taken on? Was that a little boy?

Anyway, hows the flu you've got?

oh poor hazel...has it already been a year omg:shock:

no Bif even tho i think shes a bun best left by herslef as shes a bully is actually a very insecure bunny and needs another bun to cope. I will admit tho that having the cats around has given her more confidnce...mainly cos buns are supposed to be small brianed and not too bright whereas cats are cunning creatures.....:oops::oops: not ours!! shes found something she can feel superior to and laugh at:lol:

Bif and Bertie are very very tight together and i think it maybe a longterm arrangement.

the wickle mutilated bun..oh he lives upstairs..and will live seperate form bif n bertie anyway. Hes getitng on fine bless him altho he does have probs with hay and his mouth being so tender etc. hes got to have his myxi in a week and a halfs time then get done..as hes sooo tunred on by the cats:oops::oops: he cant be allowed out unless supervised and only on the landing..:lol:

no hes not for bonding with bif..hes a baby well udner a year anyway..and shes getitng a lady in her prime now....she will be 5 this octobe..ive had her three years this march 27th:shock:

thanks hun..im still fighting dregs of the bug..but i dont think im infectious now..just full of catarrh and a bit breathless and glands still tender....but at least im not feverish and delirious anymore;)

Back