• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who was talking about honking rabbits the other week ?

Charys

Mama Doe
NOW I really know what 'honking is'.....before it was just a creak I was hearing when he was hopping. Yesterday I tried to cut his claws and was holding him on my lap, he struggled and made - what I can only describe as a goose-like noise (but quieter) in disgust ! Another attempt this morning and he got angry and made an even louder HONK noise. Amazing to hear a rabbit that is such a silent creature make such an angry noise.

Chloe honks at me when I trim her nails or if I stroke her when she doesnt want to be stroked I love vocal buns

Its a strange noise isnt it!
My kermit does it even when he is walking about, i think he is just a wee grump at times.

it was me who sed about honking, but i didnt think it was in anger. it is a very odd thing to witness thou.

Mine honk all of the time :) It's not in anger though. They just do it hopping around, and Phoebe likes to lie in the crook of my arm and goes into a deep sleep then starts honking.

Carlton honks anytime he's wandering about. Early in the morning when it's really quiet, I can hear him honking down the hallway to come and see me. :lol: :love:

Carlton honks anytime he's wandering about. Early in the morning when it's really quiet, I can hear him honking down the hallway to come and see me. :lol: :love:

:lol::lol::lol: is that anything like horses that **** as you trot?? :lol: (sorry to lower the tone :oops:) like one honk per hop???

:lol::lol::lol: is that anything like horses that **** as you trot?? :lol: (sorry to lower the tone :oops:) like one honk per hop???

I can't figure out what the missing word is! It is a honk per hop though, cracks me up!

edit: is it "f@rt"?! :lol:

Last edited:
Oreo honks too. every hop when she comes and honk's to me and to Pink and Nee Nee....the other buns even Pink honked the other morning....must be catching :p

I never had a rabbit who honked but had one who would growl when he was angry and one who would grunt loudly if someone messed with her stuff. Julie will softly grunt continuely when she is happy to see me or really excited to eat.

Oh my goodness ! So many different noises going on...so these little quiet creatures are much noisier than I thought. I wish there was a facility for hearing some sound clips, then we could define what we thought each noise was. Mind, for our individual bunnies I guess we all know what it means !!

Tila tends to mix them all together :D

When I've given him food he loves and hes happy with me, he grunts at me in little squeaky grunts.

When he charges me, it's a mix between a growl and a honk, it sounds quite funny. My fiance and I have made a joke of making that sound at eachother when he seems to be unhappy at us :lol:

Kitt buzzes too :love::love:

At first I thought he was grunting, but he buzzes when he is excited to see me or whenever there is food in the room :lol::lol:

xx

Back