• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netherland dwarf or a netherland cross??

Gilbertbunny

Young Bun
I posted this in the general sections opps, so have posted again in here being the right section

Here is Gilbert I bought him from a petshop he is meant to be a 10weeks old netherland dwarf but the more I look at him the more I think he might be a cross. We have had him 2 weeks and he has gotten bigger already. Also someone at work seen a picture and said they thought he looked like a dwarf/rex cross.

He weighs 1lb and 11ounces and is currently 10weeks

Took lots of pics from different angles what do you think???

gil-1.jpg

gil1-1.jpg

gil2.jpg

gil3-1.jpg

gil5.jpg

gil6.jpg

If he is a cross how big is he gonna get

I posted this in the general sections opps, so have posted again in here being the right section

Here is Gilbert I bought him from a petshop he is meant to be a 10weeks old netherland dwarf but the more I look at him the more I think he might be a cross. We have had him 2 weeks and he has gotten bigger already. Also someone at work seen a picture and said they thought he looked like a dwarf/rex cross.

He weighs 1lb and 11ounces and is currently 10weeks

Took lots of pics from different angles what do you think???

gil-1.jpg

gil1-1.jpg

gil2.jpg

gil3-1.jpg

gil5.jpg

gil6.jpg

If he is a cross how big is he gonna get

Look at my photos of Bean...they are out there somewhere. Bean is about fully grown now and Gilbert looks exactly like Bean did when he was a little baby.

I wouldn't say he's a rex cross, he might be crossed with another small bunny or he might just be a big nethy :)

He is absolutely beautiful!!! His ears look a little too long to be a nethie, and his coat doesn't look shiny/smooth enough to be a rex... I'd say he is a nethie cross, with what I'm not sure.

He is gorgeous :love: :love:

xx

Pet shop bunnies are unlikely to match the breed standards that a nethie from a breeder would. People that supply pet shops are more about producing cute babies.

If he's a cross its probably a good thing as his face doesn't look as flat as some nethies so he's less likely to have teeth issues they get get.

Tam

He's super cute!

He's not a pure nethie, but looks like he may have some nethie in him.
My nethies (sure they're crosses too!) weigh between 1 and 1.5kg, so they didn't grow very big at all!

He's a cute little cross :) He does have Nethie in him. You can tell by the shape of his face, but he has big ears and a big tail. He's gonna grow up to be a real handsome boy :)

He has the most GORGEOUS eyes :love:

Netherland Cross

About 5 months ago I adopted a 2 year old netherland Cross male "Ash' who was a little timid at first but after much cuddling he and I are bonding beautifully and I must say that a Nethie cross is a lovely rabbit, yours certainly looks like a netherland cross and may I say a gorgeous one.

Look at my photos of Bean...they are out there somewhere. Bean is about fully grown now and Gilbert looks exactly like Bean did when he was a little baby.

he is the double of my eldest bunny alfie... he is a netherland dwarf cross. ive been told he will get to 2-3kg he is 12 weeks and is 1.7kg now... makes lovley pets :)

he looks like a grey version of my Sebastian when he was a baby :) Sebastian is now fully grown and weighs 1.5kg :wave: he may well be a cross seeing as he is from a petshop :wave:

He's very cute :love:

I agree with Nethie cross, he doesn't have the ears for purebred. Still a very beautiful bunny, lovely colour! :love:

Back