• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinion needed Netherland Dwarf or Netherland Dwarf Cross???

Gilbertbunny

Young Bun
Here is Gilbert I bought him from a petshop he is meant to be a 10weeks old netherland dwarf but the more I look at him the more I think he might be a cross. We have had him 2 weeks and he has gotten bigger already. Also someone at work seen a picture and said they thought he looked like a dwarf/rex cross. Took lots of pics from different angles what do you think???

gil-1.jpg

gil3-1.jpg

gil2.jpg

gil5.jpg

gil6.jpg

gil1-1.jpg

If he is a cross how big is he gonna get :?

:wave: he looks like my Licky and he's a nethie cross too, Licky was about same size as yours and he's never grown:lol:

How much does he weigh? :)

He does look like hes got Nethie in him... just the eyes and ears sorta say to me hes a nethie cross :) xXx

he's adorable :love: nethies do vary in how they look though with their ears - some of them have tiny tiny ears but it's all down to their parentage

I just weighed him and he weighs in at 1lb and 11ounces and is currently 10 weeks old. He is an extremely friendly little bunny:love:

cross. I think the two neddies in my siggie are pretty typical nethies although I'm not saying they are show class. Their ears are pretty tiny (although panda's are on the larger side) and very close together. They don't tend to helicopter them out at all & most of the movement seems to be a swivel or they are quite keen on laying them all the way back when relaxed. Their ears seem to be a bit more pointed than normals buns & they also tend to have a bit of a bulgy eye look. You also can't tell from the photo but they have quite a flat face a bit like a dwarf lop. Both Rosie & Panda have good teeth but it can lead to problems.

He's definately got some neddie in him....their paws are very dainty and he's got that. His poses are also quite neddie like & his eyes.

Last edited:
Think he is a cross! He looks exactly like my Bean used to look when he was a little Baby!!!! He isn't pure Nethie...but he seems to have their ears...maybe a little bigger.

n524075384_2831019_286.jpg

Yep I think he's a cross too - but he's soooooooooooo cute!! :love::love::love:

Our Tiny Tim is a full nethie - or Tiny Tabs as one of our vet nurses calls him - because of his diddy ears :lol: Oh & he also has the run in the wall look with his nose - bless him, I do love him though :love:

Back